Newbie deleted the users!

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Newbie deleted the users!

Postby MrJL » 17. September 2020 13:13

Hi. I'm a complete noob to this so please excuse my stupidity. I am trying to install wordpress locally to design a site and I'm using xampp. I kept getting the "database connection not established" issue so I tried a guide to create a database and add user to database in phpMyAdmin. I couldn't get that to work and it seemed I was adding multiple users so I deleted the ones I created but accidentally deleted all users. Yeah, I'm stupid, I know. Now it won't let me login to phpmyadmin at all. I get these messages:

MySQL said: Documentation
Cannot connect: invalid settings.
mysqli::real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'pma'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.
mysqli::real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Is there a reset procedure to get everything back to how it was before I started messing around with it?

Thanks!
MrJL

XAMPP version: 7.4.10
Operating System: MacOS High Sierra

Re: Newbie deleted the users!

Postby MrJL » 17. September 2020 15:35

I just trashed the app and the preferences and started over and it's working now, so mods can delete this thread if they want to. Thanks
MrJL

XAMPP version: 7.4.10
Operating System: MacOS High Sierra

Return to XAMPP for macOS