CURL doesn't working after upgrade PHP

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Re: CURL doesn't working after upgrade PHP

Postby Nobbie » 15. May 2024 20:14

Aar wrote:I suspect a bug in XAMPP, Curl or somewhere in that chain?

That is pure superstition. Much more likely are different Windows installations or different (installed / not installed) C runtime libraries.

If it were due to Xampp “per se”, it would not work anywhere. But that is not the case.
Nobbie

Postby Aar » 16. May 2024 21:01

I don't really believe it's Windows. A major upgrade works, but a smaller one doesn't. No idea what's going on, but I'll be reinstalling XAMPP soon.

It is disappointing that it cannot be debugged either. What I actually hoped to get out of this topic. but it is what it is.
Aar

Operating System: Windows and Linux (non XAMPP)

Postby Nobbie » 16. May 2024 21:55

Aar wrote:It is disappointing that it cannot be debugged either. What I actually hoped to get out of this topic.

No, thats not what you hoped. You hoped this (already forgotten??):

Aar wrote:Of course, I can also spend half an hour updating XAMPP (read: reinstalling it, transferring data and configuration, exporting and importing the database), but I am sure that the problem can be solved in a short time.

Thats what you wanted and i told you from the very beginning that it wont work quickly. Nothing about debugging etc.pp.
Nobbie

Postby Aar » 16. May 2024 22:05

We can discuss it long or short, but unfortunately the solution is not what I had hoped for. Thanks for your further advice.
Aar

Postby Nobbie » 17. May 2024 17:24

Aar wrote:We can discuss it long or short, but unfortunately the solution is not what I had hoped for.

Thats what i told from the very beginning. You could have been ready and fixed it for many days already. Its all due to your stubborness. I never understand why people are coming into this forum, asking a question - and finally dont follow the advice. Why did you ask here? You were not forced to do so and if you dont want to follow our advice, its ok, but it makes no sense at all. You are simply wasting our time and your time. Nothing else.
Nobbie

Postby Aar » 17. May 2024 21:31

Unbelievable, Nobbie!!!
How long are you going to keep insisting that I'm stubborn? I hope you said this in a bad mood so I can still forgive this. I think I was already clear that I'm not stubborn: You don't know me, so that argument makes no sense. And besides, I have always been looking for a solution. It is certain that you have so far only responded with your opinion, but in the other case someone else could have responded with a direct solution.

I don't see at all how I wasted everyone's time in this regard? Or are you the spokesperson for this forum?

I would like to thank you kindly, but I expect at least an apology for your unnecessary allegations.
Aar

Postby Nobbie » 18. May 2024 09:39

Aar wrote:Unbelievable, Nobbie!!!
How long are you going to keep insisting that I'm stubborn?

As long as you are stubborn, i will tell it to you. This last posting still proofs that you still are stubborn.

Aar wrote:I don't see at all how I wasted everyone's time in this regard? Or are you the spokesperson for this forum?

That is exactly one of your problems. You even dont get why and how you are wasting our time. You are coming into a forum and ask for a solution of your home made problem, as you simply dont want to do some backups with a clean new installation. Of course you want us to read and to solve your problem instead. That is the reason why you are here, we should solve your problem. You explicitely say that you dont want to offer 30 minutes for a backup.

No, i am not a spokesman, i am a simple user and try to solve real problems. But I am always amazed at users like you who don't even realize that they are stealing the time of other users with their self-made problems, who of course assume that there is a real problem in the first place. And if you then react in such an unreasonable way and get artificially upset, then that is the epitome of stubborn.
Nobbie

Postby Aar » 18. May 2024 10:16

Sjeez! Please stop this whining, Nobby, and feel free to take a break. This is such strange behavior on your part! Just learn from that!
Long time that i've seen a user that is overreacting. It's a shame that you're standing here like an old grandfather, reacting to things that aren't necessary. Be kind to each other!
I'm done with this discussion! And please hold a mirror in front of your own face.

That will do you good! Period!

Have a nice day!
Aar

Postby Nobbie » 18. May 2024 11:26

Ich habe es Dir auch schon auf Deine Nachricht geantwortet, hier noch mal öffentlich:

Du kannst von keinem Forenteilnehmer irgendetwas verlangen, weder dass er Dir antwortet, noch dass er Dir nicht antwortet. So funktioniert ein Forum nicht. Das einzige Recht, was Du hast, ist die Möglichkeit, selbst Antworten nicht zu lesen und auch nicht zu beantworten. So funktioniert das in einem Forum. Wenn Du hier in einem öffentlichen Forum Fragen stellst, kann Dir jeder so oft und soviel antworten, wie er will. Das bestimmst nicht Du. Es spielt auch überhaupt keine Rolle, ob Dir die Antworten gefallen oder nicht.

Und vergiss nicht: Du wolltest etwas von uns, nicht ich von Dir. Einen schönen Tag noch.
Nobbie

Postby Aar » 18. May 2024 11:34

Let me be clear one last time, which I hoped you learned from it: I never demanded anything! I just waited to see if someone offered a solution that met my expectations. The fact that you are making a problem out of it is NOT my fault. My advice: say sorry, don't worry and enjoy the day!

And show a little more fun .
Aar

Postby Nobbie » 18. May 2024 12:44

Aar wrote:Let me be clear one last time, which I hoped you learned from it: I never demanded anything!

Das ist nicht wahr. Du hast mir sogar eine PN geschrieben und mich aufgefordert, nicht mehr mit Dir zu diskutieren. Schon wieder vergessen? Denke mal selbst über Dein Benehmen nach, statt die Schuld bei anderen zu suchen. Vielleicht lernst Du ja noch etwas daraus.

Aus Deiner PN:

Nobbie,

Please stop this discussion

Never demanded anything??
Nobbie

Postby Aar » 18. May 2024 12:49

let it go, Nobbie. Please let it go!

Rather make something of your day instead of worrying about something nonsensical. 8)
Aar

Postby cb » 18. May 2024 23:27

cb wrote:If you really want to go down this path then my suggestion is that there are files in the original PHP folder that are required for it to work. You could try reinstating the original PHP folder (keep another copy if you want) and then copy the new PHP files to overwrite the existing ones.

Have a look at https://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=82317&hilit=release+php&start=0

However, it might be easier/more reliable to export your databases using phpMyAdmin, uninstall Xammp, install the latest 8.2.12 version of Xampp and import your databases using phpMyAdmin.

The latest version of PHP is currently 8.3.7 and can be downloaded at https://windows.php.net/download

I just did a simple test.

Looking at my standard Xampp setup the result from a phpinfo(); shows multiple entries for Curl. I saved off the existing C://Xampp/php folder, created a new php folder and copied in the files from a windows php download. The result from phpinfo(); now only mentions Curl as a credit to the module author and get the Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function curl_init() error message when attempting a curl_init().

When I return the original php folder and copy in the files (overwriting 77) from the windows php download everything works fine - note the windows php download contains less files than are already in the original Xampp installed php directory

Conclusion - Curl is not configured within the standalone windows php download BUT is within the original Xammp php folder - I don't know the intricacies of how it's configured but just use this existing configuration and it works.
cb
cb

Postby Nobbie » 19. May 2024 11:49

Aar wrote:let it go, Nobbie. Please let it go!

Rather make something of your day instead of worrying about something nonsensical. 8)

Nein, ich quäle Dich so lange wie Du starrsinnig bist. Immerhin, die Luft wird langsam dünner. Nur Du beendest, was Du auch angefangen hast. Und im Hintergrund auch noch PNs zu schreiben ist sowieso allerunterste Schublade.
Nobbie

Postby Aar » 19. May 2024 12:36

cb wrote:I just did a simple test.

Looking at my standard Xampp setup the result from a phpinfo(); shows multiple entries for Curl. I saved off the existing C://Xampp/php folder, created a new php folder and copied in the files from a windows php download. The result from phpinfo(); now only mentions Curl as a credit to the module author and get the Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function curl_init() error message when attempting a curl_init().

When I return the original php folder and copy in the files (overwriting 77) from the windows php download everything works fine - note the windows php download contains less files than are already in the original Xampp installed php directory

Conclusion - Curl is not configured within the standalone windows php download BUT is within the original Xammp php folder - I don't know the intricacies of how it's configured but just use this existing configuration and it works.

This sound as a good solution. I'll definitely look into it! :D
Aar

PreviousNext

Return to XAMPP for Windows