XAMPP error 1067 mysql doesnot start sol frm forum dont work

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP error 1067 mysql doesnot start sol frm forum dont work

Postby bkamat » 29. October 2008 09:10

I have installed XAMPP. the installation went fine the XAMPP also works as a service but the mysql database doesnot start from XAMPP control panel. if i go into services from SCM panel on XAMPP control panel and try to start mysql database it gives a error 1067 the process terminated unexpectedly. i have seeen many such queries in this forum but none of the answers are helping me. I am using windows XP operating system.

i tried checking the firewall settings and port settings. firewall is on and in exceptions mysql port is set to 3306 TCP.

i have AVG free and antivir free installed on my machine. i tried to explore these antivirus but no place do i get options that block mysql.

i am a total newbee. i am totally stuck and need help urgently. can anyone help me by giving step by step explanation
bkamat

Postby Sharley » 29. October 2008 09:55

It always helps find a solution if you give the details of what you have tried already.

Try this:

Close the Control Panel

Go to the folder .\xampp\mysql\ and run the mysql_uninstallservice.bat file.

Go to the folder .\xampp\ and run the mysql_stop.bat file.

Now check that no mysql program is running on your system by right clicking on the Task Bar, select Task Manager from the context menu.

Now select the Processes tab and look for mysqld.exe or mysqld-nt.exe

There should not be either of them and if there is then select (highlight) the file and click on End Process then confirm Yes.

Now go back to the .\xampp\ folder and run mysql_start.bat and see if there is an error message returned.

If there is an error message paste it back here.

If not then close the bat file command console window and open your Control Panel again and try starting your Apache and MySQL again.

Sometimes if the service is already running and you try and start MySQL again or it has not been shutdown properly before, sometimes by a system error perhaps, it may give errors.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

tried it. heres the error message

Postby bkamat » 29. October 2008 15:24

Hi thanks so much for responding. i desperately needed help. i tried your suggestions. there is no file by the name mysql_uninstallservice.bat in the folder .\xampp\mysql\. instead i tried xampp_stop.exe. then i opened process tab from task bar to ensure there in no apache and mysql running. mysql was not running. then i started file mysql_start.bat from .\xampp\ folder. below is the error shown on the console. and mysql didnot start. my computer name is com4 on our intranet

Diese Eingabeforderung nicht waehrend des Running beenden
Please dont close Window while MySQL is running
MySQL is trying to start
Please wait ...
MySQL is starting with mysql\bin\my.cnf (console)
081029 19:47:26 [Warning] Can't create test file C:\xampp\mysql\data\com4.lower-
test
081029 19:47:26 [Warning] Can't create test file C:\xampp\mysql\data\com4.lower-
test
InnoDB: The log sequence number in ibdata files does not match
InnoDB: the log sequence number in the ib_logfiles!
081029 19:47:26 InnoDB: Database was not shut down normally!
InnoDB: Starting crash recovery.
InnoDB: Reading tablespace information from the .ibd files...
InnoDB: Restoring possible half-written data pages from the doublewrite
InnoDB: buffer...
081029 19:47:27 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 43655
081029 19:47:27 [ERROR] mysql\bin\mysqld: Can't create/write to file 'C:\xampp\m
ysql\data\com4.pid' (Errcode: 2)
Can't start server: can't create PID file: No such file or directory

MySQL konnte nicht gestartet werden
MySQL could not be started
Press any key to continue . . .

after this i started XAMPP control panel and started apache and my sql. the apache service started but mysql service started and stopped.

hope this can give u an idea of my problem. please let me know if u have a solution.

thanks

[/url]
bkamat

Postby Wiedmann » 29. October 2008 15:26

my computer name is com4 on our intranet

That'S a bad name. Best is to rename your computer.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

OK will change name

Postby bkamat » 29. October 2008 15:29

OK thanks will change name to internet. or as u suggest. but why is com4 a bad name. and can u suggest more based on error message i have pasted.
bkamat

Postby Wiedmann » 29. October 2008 15:37

but why is com4 a bad name.

Some programs, like MySQL, are using the computername for e.g. a temp-, log-, pidfile. But "com4" is a reserved word on Windows and can't be used in a filename.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

changing name works

Postby bkamat » 29. October 2008 15:54

Hi thanks so much i changed the computer name to internet1 and restarted the machine. i started the XAMPP and started mysql. it doesnot stop now. PHPMYADMIN has started to work. wow sometimes we make so stupid mistakes. thanks for your common sense i can start working now.
bkamat

Re: XAMPP error 1067 mysql doesnot start sol frm forum dont

Postby mpg187 » 26. February 2011 03:44

I am getting the same error. I can run the batch file to start it but would rather just have it as a service so I don't have to run the batch file all the time. Here is some info that might help:

>"W:\xampp-win32-1.7.3\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqld.exe" --defaults-file="W:\xampp-win
32-1.7.3\xampp\mysql\bin\my.ini"
110225 19:42:25 [ERROR] Can't find messagefile '\xampp-win32-1.7.3\xampp\mysql\s
hare\english\errmsg.sys'
110225 19:42:25 [Warning] Can't create test file \xampp-win32-1.7.3\xampp\mysql\
data\hostname.lower-test
110225 19:42:25 [Warning] Can't create test file \xampp-win32-1.7.3\xampp\mysql\
data\hostname.lower-test
W:\xampp-win32-1.7.3\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqld.exe: Can't change dir to '\xampp-win
32-1.7.3\xampp\mysql\data\' (Errcode: 2)
110225 19:42:25 [ERROR] Aborting

110225 19:42:25 [Note]
Administrator of OP420 Technology Forum
mpg187

Return to XAMPP for Windows