index.php page cannot load

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

index.php page cannot load

Postby immal » 25. January 2007 05:48

please help. I was running standalone versions for apache, php, cgi-perl, mysql and phpmyadmin. They were running fine, the only reason I switched to XAMPP is that the learining curve isn't that steep. But now after installing everything (yesteday) everything was running fine. For some unknown reason today, I cannot load the index file, the localhost page.

I get the following error messages :

Warning: file_get_contents(lang.tmp) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\3w\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php on line 2

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\3w\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php:2) in C:\3w\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php on line 4

I have attempted to restart manually mysql service, then restart the computer but the page cannot still load up. MySQL is disabling itself. Have gone in C:\3w\xampp\mysql\bin and uninstalled and re-installed MySQL service but nothing.

Any help, please!
This my first time but I am starting to grow pessimistic on the credit given to XAMPP. I thought I had skipped that file reconfiguration process and get xampp and its associated service do the work for me in the background.
Was I wrong?

Postby Wiedmann » 25. January 2007 11:18

I get the following error messages :

Warning: file_get_contents(lang.tmp) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Somewhat have deleted the file "lang.tmp".

Use the link "http://localhost/xampp/lang.php?en" to recreate this file.
AF Moderator

Postby immal » 25. January 2007 12:22

Wow! That works like magic. THANK YOU, VERY SO MUCH.
Now I think I understand. Would please tell me where I can go to reconfigure this file so that I can point to a different location. I sometimes clean my PC and also get rid off the temp folder. I think that what might have happened to me.
Le me know please so that I can be able not to go back to the same issue one more time.

Much appreciate you input.

No luck for me on this issue

Postby robwales » 12. April 2007 13:06

Hi, I have followed this thread and I am getting exactly the same errors (with the path changes to my file location of course)

I do have a lang.php file which shows:
header("Location: index.php");

and a lang.tmp file which shows:

I am using Ubuntu 6.10 and XAMPP for Linux 1.6 and have it working on my notebook but can't get it to happen on my desktop. Can anyone assist me further.

Return to XAMPP for Windows