Problem with XAMMP Installation

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Problem with XAMMP Installation

Postby asjohnson » 03. April 2007 00:31

I've been having a lot of trouble with XAMPP, and most of it started when configuring MySQL with the password / login. I ended up having to reinstall XAMPP twice, just to configure the MySQL config correctly... I still couldn't configure it.

Upon the third reinstall, an error message stating the lack of Apache appeared in Terminal at the XAMPP startup. XAMPP had erased my default Apache httpd configurations. I don't know if this was a problem with Apache's integration with Mac or XAMPP overwriting said Apache integration, but it is something that I am not able to fix.

I've searched the Web for sollutions, but nothing has come up to meet the original configuration of Apache on Mac. I ended up downloading 2.2.4, and compiling it. Unfortunately it was configured to different ports and couldn't integrate into the original directory. XAMPP did end up working, but with Apache on the fritz, it was pointless to continue.

Any suggestions on how to correct this problem?
Ann Johnson, XAMMP Newbie!
asjohnson

Return to XAMPP for macOS