xampp not working exactly right, localhost php is messed up

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

xampp not working exactly right, localhost php is messed up

Postby AngryRobotto » 03. March 2007 02:24

(sorry, I dont speak german)

I installed xampp on my macinotosh, untarred it, and the xampp folder in my applications folder inside my harddrive

then I activated apache, and then I wanted to test it, to see if it works

so I typed in http://localhost

and then everything looked fine, it was just the splash page though

okay, so I clicked on the link for the english language thing, and I got this error message

Warning: fopen(lang.tmp) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php on line 2

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php on line 3

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php on line 4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php:2) in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php on line 5

the same results happen in all the other language sites.
I don't know if anything I did was wrong "I followed the instructions very carefully" or if something else is going on. What should I do?
I am the angry english-speaking robot
AngryRobotto

Postby martinpre » 03. March 2007 11:27

this problem isn't very rare

you find it for example by the forum search

here is a solution ;) : http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?t=22686&highlight=lang+tmp
martinpre

Postby AngryRobotto » 03. March 2007 17:54

hmmmm, where would I find the file "lang.tmp"?
I am the angry english-speaking robot
AngryRobotto

That is not a solution for this problem.

Postby kurikinton » 30. March 2007 08:26

The error posted here is:
Warning: fopen(lang.tmp) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php on line 2

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php on line 3

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php on line 4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php:2) in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php on line 5

While the error or the solution you have linked to is

Warning: file_get_contents(lang.tmp) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\3w\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php on line 2

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\3w\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php:2) in C:\3w\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php on line 4

The first error is about file permissions while the second is about the file not existing, I believe.

I am experienceing the first error as well, by the way.
kurikinton

Return to XAMPP for macOS