Connecting to remote db does not work when editing/view code

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Connecting to remote db does not work when editing/view code

Postby badgoat » 18. January 2007 22:08

Hello!

I just switched to XAMPP from another compiled PHP/MySQL/Apache application... I switched because XAMPP keeps current, while my old one was still on PHP 4.2.3. So I upgrade after uninstalling everything that had to do with phpdev. The install went smooth, I am able to see my phpinfo.php script.

My problem:

I have always edited code locally, and then when I am satisfied with it, upload it to my webserver. I get an error:

"Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Host 'ip.ip.ip.ip' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in "blahblahblah"

I'm fairly sure that it is a setting in an ini file that needs to be adjusted, since this worked just fine on phpdev.... Does anyone hav ean idea of where I should be looking?
badgoat

Postby Wiedmann » 18. January 2007 22:24

Your script (webserver) is running on what server?

The MySQL server is running on what server?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby badgoat » 18. January 2007 22:38

I have MySQL running locally, but am not using it when editing/creating scripts for this project. I am calling the remote MySQL server for the data when editing/creating scripts for this project. There are other projects where I may create a mySQL db locally to test before creating it on my webhosted server.

The scripts are edited or created locally before being uploaded to ensure code works. Once I know it's ok, I upload it to my remote webhost.

This all used to work as desired :|
badgoat

Postby Wiedmann » 18. January 2007 23:52

I am calling the remote MySQL server for the data when editing/creating scripts for this project.

This remote MySQL server allows nonlocal connects?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby Izzy » 18. January 2007 23:53

:) You may find a clue to the riddles in this post:
http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?t=22307
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows