Mail

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Mail

Postby Ivan » 11. August 2003 03:44

I just dont understand it

How do i set it up ?
Ivan

1) See previous Mercury messages - 2) Read newsgroup

Postby chanio » 11. August 2003 04:58

:lol:
Hi, its difficult, isn't it?
Well. Notice that it comes preconfigured for a default installation.
There are some tutorials out there. Thhough some are outdated. And some require that you have also installed Pegasus Server, also.
You'd rather prefer to check at the Pegasus newsgroup, that is more about Mercury than about Pegasus.
They use to direct you to the right Tutorials and explain you some hints about this non-user friendly great engine.
It is non-user friendly because their manuals where intended to be sold as a way of getting some money for their software. :roll:
Gallactic Firewall
chanio

Re: 1) See previous Mercury messages - 2) Read newsgroup

Postby Guest » 12. August 2003 01:41

chanio wrote::lol:
Hi, its difficult, isn't it?
Well. Notice that it comes preconfigured for a default installation.
There are some tutorials out there. Thhough some are outdated. And some require that you have also installed Pegasus Server, also.
You'd rather prefer to check at the Pegasus newsgroup, that is more about Mercury than about Pegasus.
They use to direct you to the right Tutorials and explain you some hints about this non-user friendly great engine.
It is non-user friendly because their manuals where intended to be sold as a way of getting some money for their software. :roll:

ya it is , I just want the forums to sent out emails..... and it wont for some reason. so , what should i do ?

I am using a simple one, for PHP BlatMail

Postby chanio » 12. August 2003 06:46

:lol: I am using Blatmail that came in one of the first distributions of Wampp2 and worked so good that I never removed it!
It is just a PHP script that allows you to fill in a form with your data. Then you write you SMTP email address (your ISP's SMTP address). And after pressing the Submit button it does the sending.
If you would need some email management you should learn how to use Mercury mail. I am also starting using PopFile that you can download from http://popfile.sourceforge.net/ and does all the spam filtering and much more. But understand that these two have nothing to do with Windows. And are another world in ideas and conceptions that one must learn from the start.
You need time to study all and configure everything to work like a clock.
But people are saying that you can get a better performance that with MS exchange and more spam filtering!
Gallactic Firewall
chanio

Postby nemesis » 17. August 2003 01:08

chanio

http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopi ... 12&start=0

you can test it :) i hope you understand the german text

the xmail are 1.15 and a little bit old. but theres no reason for me to update, cause the 0.96 or so worked a year ago good for me :)

when you need the mail () function from php you must reed the secound side from the posting
Ubuntu 18.04 | SMP P3 1.4 GHz | 6 GByte RegECC | 74 GByte Seagate 15k5 system | 3Ware 9550SXU-4LP with 4x 500 GByte Seagate ES2 Raid 10 data | StoreCase DE400 | PX-230A | Intel Pro/1000MT Dual PCI-X
nemesis
AF Moderator

XAMPP version: depends
Operating System: Linux, BSD, Win, iOS, Android

Postby exidous » 05. December 2003 04:39

heh, do i see a trend? anyone find the correct workaround? my site is useless without mail.
exidous

Return to XAMPP for Windows