Keeps logging me out problem help please!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Keeps logging me out problem help please!

Postby Lifeblade » 28. December 2006 09:22

hi

I seem to be having this problem with XAMPP.. It works great! for everything else.. Except for things where you have to login and stuff..

I recently tried out PHP FUSION.. It has a login place.. So i would log in.. it would say that i'm logging in.. and then .. after the page loads.. it would still have the login box. and i would still be logged out!

Please help me with this problem!
Thanks!
Lifeblade

Re: Keeps logging me out problem help please!

Postby Izzy » 28. December 2006 09:58

Lifeblade wrote:hi

I seem to be having this problem with XAMPP.. It works great! for everything else.. Except for things where you have to login and stuff..

I recently tried out PHP FUSION.. It has a login place.. So i would log in.. it would say that i'm logging in.. and then .. after the page loads.. it would still have the login box. and i would still be logged out!

Please help me with this problem!
Thanks!

Your not giving much info for anyone to help you.

What error messages do you get when you try and login to:
http://localhost/phpmyadmin
to set up your php-fusion database?

What php-fusion page are you trying to login to?

With php-fusion it sounds like a cookie issue.
Did you check the remember me tick box below the login box?
Check your browser cookie settings and remove any auto cookie settings so you get to see the cookie requests.
Try to login using a different browser.

How about posting your php-fusion problems in their forums?
Do a search there for 'can't login' as there are some identicle issues and possible solutions.

Try and imagine that we are not sat in front of your PC and therefore rely on you to be our eyes and so pass on what you have done and what you see when you do it. ;)
Last edited by Izzy on 28. December 2006 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy

Postby Lifeblade » 28. December 2006 10:21

Ok.. Sorry bout that..

This isn't a PHP FUsion problem.. As I've tried it out on a live server.. and it works fine... it just doesn't work on my computer..

Yes.. the Mysql database is set up correctly... ( Otherwise i couldn't install the PHP FUSION :wink: )

.. Also this isn't just with PHP FUSION.. it sometimes happens on forums as well..

The problem is like this.. Imagine a login box.. you fill in all the details.. username and pass.. you are DEFINITELY sure they are right.. you click on "login".. and the page loads.. once it fully loads.. you see the exact same login box.. .. and you are still not logged in..

And.. that's pretty much the problem.. trying to create an image for you see what i'm facing.. lol

hope that helped
Lifeblade

Postby Izzy » 28. December 2006 10:36

Sounds more and more like a browser cookie problem.

Most login scripts use cookies to remember you and if you are not allowing cookies then it will not usually proceed past the login page.

Some good login scripts will send you an error message if it encounters a cookie issue.

Check your browser's cookie settings and remove any auto settings so you can see the cookie requests.

Also clearing your browser cache can help too some times.

If you can login to phpMyAdmin then it is not an XAMPP issue but a browser issue.

And as I suggested above try another browser with no auto cookie handling set.
Izzy

Postby kevinduke » 28. December 2006 10:42

I had this with one of my own login scripts.

Worked ok until I installed XAMPP.

I am afraid I do not know what caused it as in the end I just copied my old php.ini file from my previous manual installation of php and it worked again. So there is something in the php.ini file causing it.
kevinduke

Postby Izzy » 28. December 2006 11:12

kevinduke wrote:I had this with one of my own login scripts.

Worked ok until I installed XAMPP.

I am afraid I do not know what caused it as in the end I just copied my old php.ini file from my previous manual installation of php and it worked again. So there is something in the php.ini file causing it.

I have a stock standard latest XAMPP version installed and use it intensely for testing all kinds of forums, cms, blogs and just about any software script that I can find to test.

Most have login pages that work out-of-the-box on most every installation I have attempted.
All run on localhost and via the Internet with no cookie problems or php.ini tweaks at all as long as my browser cookie settings are correct.

I have most of the popular browsers, so I have a good cross section of test results to work with.

So in my IMHO the php.ini defaults are not an issue here especially since the original poster says it only happens to some forums but not all. Not sure if he is having only localhost login problems or if he is having similar issues on the Internet.

It would be a consistant issue if it was anything to do with a server configuration file but would be inconsistant if it was a script or browser issue.

Also it would have been more helpful if you had checked out both php.ini files you tried and noted the differences that might have caused your login script problems.
Then if you had posted your findings here they could have been investigated for a possible solution to the original posters login issue.
Izzy

Postby Lifeblade » 29. December 2006 07:42

Ok.. I tried clearing out my Cookies and my cache.. Also.. I tried this out with Opera, Firefox and IE.. and they all don't seem to work..

I uploaded it all to my webhost.. and poof! It seems to be working fine! So.. the problem is with only my computer.. and .. i think it's not a browser cookie problem .. cause it worked fine on my webhost..

.. Maybe that php.ini is the problem?.. Maybe i haven't configured it right?.. But then again.. shouldn't it work.. just as soon as i've fully installed it?
Lifeblade

Return to XAMPP for Windows