Importing a MySQL database

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Importing a MySQL database

Postby djexelta » 16. November 2006 13:09

Hi,

I am new to programming and have been sent the files for a website that i'm having made for me.

I have been told that it is possible to view these pages us xampp.

I have copied the files into the htdocs folder and the homepage of the site runs. However whenI try to access any of the database driven functions I get this error:

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\breakout\blog.php on line 34

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\breakout\blog.php on line 36

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\breakout\blog.php on line 36

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\breakout\blog.php on line 37

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\breakout\blog.php on line 37

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\breakout\blog.php on line 39
&n=&

The person working on the site did send me an MySQL database file but it doesnt seem to be working. Is there something I should be doing to fix this.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
djexelta

Postby mATrIxLord » 16. November 2006 16:04

you have to import the database into your xampp installation, usually through localhost/phpmyadmin. create a new database with the same name as the one your programmer used and import the SQL Dump in that database.
mATrIxLord

Return to XAMPP for Windows