Must I be able to run XAMPP in a MacBook?

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Must I be able to run XAMPP in a MacBook?

Postby rrodrigueznt » 28. October 2006 23:37

Hi all out there,

Please, could anybody tell me if I must be able to run XAMPP on a MacBook running Mac OS X 10.4.8?

Sorry, but I am not able to understand if there is a problem with XAMPP and Mac Intel or it is just me that I am doing something wrong in my installations or I am not able to understand how to start up Apache in these systems.

Any help will be much appreciated.

If I can not run XAMPP in this boxes, I must look for an alternative. It will be great to help to work out this issue. This is not my best moment to donate, but perhaps I/we could help by doing some testing or any other task we have enough skills for!

All the best,

Ricardo
rrodrigueznt

Postby Kristian Marcroft » 31. October 2006 11:44

Hi Ricardo,

currently we are getting feedback in both ways.
Yes it works and no it doesn't.

However we are currently working on a Intel Mac only XAMPP version.
So by the next major release we should have this setup and ready for testing.
If you can wait as long I would suggest to just wait until the next major release of all common XAMPPs.

Regards,
Kristian Marcroft
Kristian Marcroft
AF Moderator

Postby rrodrigueznt » 31. October 2006 12:27

Thanks for the answer, Kristian.

The point is that I need a solution for people running wikis on their MacBooks. Your software works great for Linux and Windows users, but Mac people won't be able to start whithin the new proposed workflow (we provide an offline solution for creating new wiki-articles that they eventually move to a common repository) until they are able to install/run Apache and PHP on their computers.

So, I am ready to spend some time trying to find a workaround to this issue if you think it is worth to give it a try or to whatever beta release you want to try. I am afraid I am not a skilled Mac administrator, but I will do my best.

In the meantime, I have to find an easy way to describe an Apache/PHP installation the run their local wikis.

Once again, thanks for your work,

Ricardo
rrodrigueznt

Return to XAMPP for macOS