help!! problems!!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

help!! problems!!

Postby guyromb » 09. September 2006 22:32

127.0.0.1 works for me, but localhost doesn't work... i cheaked the Hosts files, but already have there - 127.0.0.1 localhost

another problem is the all the demos of xampp not work for me, for example the GD not shown picture, the birthday too...

i had a old apache version so before i insalled the xampp, i delted the registery and old version of apache (not have unistall..)
after i installed the Xampp and i got the problems buttom.

thanks!
:roll:
guyromb

Re: help!! problems!!

Postby Izzy » 09. September 2006 23:40

guyromb wrote:127.0.0.1 works for me, but localhost doesn't work... i cheaked the Hosts files, but already have there - 127.0.0.1 localhost

another problem is the all the demos of xampp not work for me, for example the GD not shown picture, the birthday too...

i had a old apache version so before i insalled the xampp, i delted the registery and old version of apache (not have unistall..)
after i installed the Xampp and i got the problems buttom.

thanks!
:roll:

What does xampp/xampp-portcheck.exe tell you?

Did you make sure that no other instance of apache were still loaded in memory before trying to start XAMPP's Apache? Ctrl-Alt-Delete - click on the Process tab and look for apache.exe. If you find one then right click on it and click on End Process will kill it.

Did you make any changes in the httpd.conf file?

Did you try to uninstall XAMPP using the Windows Control Panel then delete any XAMPP directories that might be left before re-installing XAMPP.
Izzy

hi

Postby guyromb » 10. September 2006 13:40

thanks for help,
i setup the apache that i used before i installed Xammp, and the localhost work - not problems..

what the problem should be ?
:lol: :roll:
guyromb

hi

Postby guyromb » 10. September 2006 14:13

i tried unistall and delte all xammp files and install again but not work
:cry: :cry:
guyromb

Re: help!! problems!!

Postby Izzy » 10. September 2006 23:38

Izzy wrote:What does xampp/xampp-portcheck.exe tell you?

Paste the result message here after executing this exe file.

Izzy wrote:Did you make sure that no other instance of apache were still loaded in memory before trying to start XAMPP's Apache?

Did you do this?

Izzy wrote:Did you make any changes in the httpd.conf file?

Well, did you make any changes?

Paste here the last entries after trying to start Apache from this log file:
xampp\apache\logs\error.log

If you want help!! with your problems!! then you have to give all the details asked for. Otherwise you are only wasting our time and of course your time.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows