Which Anti-Virus to use?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Which Anti-Virus to use?

Postby Shrekkie » 16. August 2006 22:26

Hi there, my first post :)

Installed XAMPP 1.5.3a on a clean install of WinXP SP2 and everything went fine untill I installed NOD32, xampp didn't like that, after unstalling and reboot everything was fine again.

After reading on this forum, I found out that Kaspersky isn't a option and that were the 2 Anti-Virus that I had as option, so which AV to get so I don't get problems?
Shrekkie

Postby Shrekkie » 18. August 2006 13:23

Nobody has a suggestion for a Anti-Virus?
Shrekkie

Postby maxnorris » 21. August 2006 07:05

NOD32 will work just fine, with a slight catch

IMON has some issues with a couple server type applications (not many, but there's a couple, and Apache is one of them.)

You have two options.. you can recompile ibapr.dll with the WAIT_FOR_EVENT preprocessor definition defined, which is probably going to be a major pain in the butt.

The easy way, bring up the NOD32 control panel and go to the IMON settings. On the miscellaneous tab, hit the "Exclusions" button, and add the Apache executable. Once it's in there, restart. Problem should be solved.

(Personally I'd stick with NOD32, it's one of the fastest and smallest, plus they rate at the top for virus detections.. used to use Norton.. what a bloated piece of crap that is)
maxnorris

Postby Shrekkie » 21. August 2006 14:01

Done it and it works!! Thank You!!!!!
Shrekkie

Postby maxnorris » 21. August 2006 15:26

Your welcome - Eset doesn't advertise this little technicality on their site very well, it's kind of buried :roll: Took me a while to get my CVS server working properly till I figured that part out.
maxnorris

Return to XAMPP for Windows