Forgotten password for system

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Postby nick.kirby » 15. August 2006 15:13

For info, most of the xampp pages work - except phpmyadmin. The security age now shows nothing. Is this by design?
nick.kirby

Postby Izzy » 15. August 2006 15:14

You can delete them in your Windows text editor. But be very careful. Just right click on the httpd.conf file and select Open with...

This has me stumped. What do you mean when you click on Security?
That's where my problems are, when I click on "security" I get a little dialog pop

Can you get to the XAMPP For Windows Welcome Page with the menu items in the left frame?
Izzy

Postby Izzy » 15. August 2006 15:24

nick.kirby wrote:For info, most of the xampp pages work - except phpmyadmin. The security age now shows nothing. Is this by design?

You answered me here.

Now you can go back and rename all the files you changed as this has nothing to do with what you are about. You security pages should recover if you put everything back before you renamed anything.

Izzy wrote:Are you talking about the mySQL root password or are you talking about a user/password you set up for access to your XAMPP directories?

My final suggestion:
The phpMyAdmin uses the mySQL root username and password. So go back to my first post of this thread and re-read everything in it and visit the link and do as it says if you have lost your mySQL/phpMyAdmin password.
Last edited by Izzy on 15. August 2006 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy

Postby nick.kirby » 15. August 2006 15:24

Yes, I can. That all works, but on the status tab there are several systems running that I want to turn off, but cannot.

It's under Tools : phpMyAdmin - I get clobbered for a username, despite having altered the .htaccess file.

If I can, I want to turn off HTTPS, CGI and the SMTP service - but am confused as mysql is running, yet xampp reports it as deactivated?

Am I just confused here?
nick.kirby

Previous

Return to XAMPP for Windows