A little problem

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

A little problem

Postby Esq » 07. August 2006 10:15

Hi!

I have built a testing server with Xampp for my and others code. BUt it seems that I cannot get it to work properly on certain php code.

The problem persist with CSM that tries to get second links from main links:

--main link---
--- sublink 1
--- sublink 2 etc

It wont get the sublinks from MySQL database. The link from the mainlink to sub links looks like this(By pressing that it should show the main link and 2-12 sublinks):

<a href="?group=00000024&amp;mag_nr=1"

And I´m pretty sure thats the problem. I just cant figure out what could be the prob. Is it that I should modify MySQL (my.ini) or some perl based files to get this work?
Esq

Postby robsy » 07. August 2006 12:20

what happens when you put that query string in the address line?
Besides it doesn't look like it's url encoded. So my guess is that main link consist of ?group=00000024 and sublinks are something like <a href="?group=00000024&mag_nr=1" when properly encoded... but it's just a guess
robsy

Postby Esq » 08. August 2006 07:25

If I puit the code to the adressline nothing happens. At the other serv all appears just fine. But for some reason at xamp it wont show the sublinks when tried to. It just refreshes the page but doesnt show the links. So I figured out that it must be the way xamp handels the url code.

Im not sure if theres a variable at apache or MySQL which could resolve the prob but it surely sounds that way...
Esq

Postby Esq » 08. August 2006 10:48

Hi.. Got problem solved with a friend of mine. The solutions was to handle php.ini -file and there to check how php handles & -mark. Thanks for the help ppl :)
Esq

Return to XAMPP for Windows