A guide to getting help here.

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

A guide to getting help here.

Postby max11max » 30. July 2006 09:25

Greetings forum users.

The user forum exists to help with arising problems. To discuss problems and attempt to solve them together.

Therefor everyone should consider the following before posting questions.

Attempt to find out as much information as possible before posting a question here, If you make no attempt to learn about the solution and just post blindly you will never learn anything. Feeding answers to users with problems will NOT help, this will only place users in technical black holes.

You must have a clear understanding of the problem, posts like "CGI don't work and I don't know why" gives little information to other forum users and shows minimal level of user competence.

Other posts like "I need this solved before I have my project marked at college" will not help you. You need to learn to drive a car before you get a licence to drive one. "chew your food before swallowing"

If you clearly do not understand something in the online manual then your comments are welcome but please attempt to find the solution by searching the forum first. 9 times out of 10 the topic has been covered before and a solution has been posted or you can find the answer in the FAQ

So if your posting does not get a reply then it's probably been answered before and other forum users will not post the same answer over and over again.

The more you learn about XAMPP the better the user experience.

Think before you post and enjoy XAMPP

Max.
max11max

Return to XAMPP for Linux