apache prefork (java integration)

Alles, was den Apache betrifft, kann hier besprochen werden.

apache prefork (java integration)

Postby Hayce » 29. June 2006 06:53

Didnt find this in a search...

First off xampp is great, quick, painless install with no problems.

Now, Ive been trying to integrate php and java. I tried for a while with the default xammp install (php5) and no luck, it simply crashed apache with no real error messages.

I switched to php4 (using the nifty switch bat) and it worked as expected... once.

After alot of searching I see this most likely has something to with apache being multithreaded. (there was also some talk of php being a cgi and not a module).

Apparently the answer is to run apache in "prefork". I dont know what that is or how to do it is anyone here able to shed some light on it or point me in the right direction?

TIA :)
Hayce

Postby Wiedmann » 29. June 2006 12:38

Apparently the answer is to run apache in "prefork".

That's *nix stuff.

(And your are IMHO on Windows.)
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby Hayce » 29. June 2006 21:26

Yeah you are right im on xp.

I thought it was possible on windows...

phpdocinfo wrote:We do not recommend using a threaded MPM in production with Apache2. Use the prefork MPM instead, or use Apache1. For information on why, read the related FAQ entry on using Apache2 with a threaded MPM

http://livedocs.phpdoc.info/index.php?l ... ws.apache2

Maybe Ive got the wrong idea? Im not very up to the play with server threads and preforks etc.

Ive seen from searching that some people believe the problem can be solved by php being installed as a cgi, any thoughts on that?
Hayce

Postby Hayce » 02. July 2006 22:03

any ideas anyone?
Hayce

Postby Hayce » 06. July 2006 00:28

NM.

I changed the php install from apache module (xampp default) to cgi/fastcgi and its working, so far so good.
Hayce

Return to Apache