New to Xammp- Error Message on start-up

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

New to Xammp- Error Message on start-up

Postby lonebyrd » 31. May 2006 02:15

When I type in http://localhost/xammp i get this error message:

Warning: file_get_contents(lang.tmp) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php on line 2

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php:2) in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php on line 3

I am using Windows XP sp2 and tried adding ports 80, 443, and 3306. Also something I noticed, when I go to the Xammp Control Panal Application and click on Mysql Admin, under MyODBC it reads "Not Found Driver 3.51 Not Found" Any ideas?
lonebyrd

Postby KingCrunch » 31. May 2006 03:20

You are using a tool, that deletes temporary files.
In the directory C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\xampp you have to create the file lang.tmp with the content (i think) "en". Then you have to exclude this file from your tool or dectivate it.
Nicht jeder Fehler ist ein Bug ...
KingCrunch

Postby lonebyrd » 31. May 2006 12:23

Sorry if this sounds dumb but, you mean in a file called lang.tmp just put en? And how would I deactivate it?
lonebyrd

Postby KingCrunch » 31. May 2006 12:52

Sorry if this sounds dumb but, you mean in a file called lang.tmp just put en?

Yes. Im a german User, so there is "de" in my one, so i think "en" is right für you ;)
And how would I deactivate it?

Depends on the tool you are using.
Nicht jeder Fehler ist ein Bug ...
KingCrunch

Postby lonebyrd » 01. June 2006 06:29

Ok, there is already a folder called lang.tmp with a file called en.php in it. The problem I am having is, I have no clue what is removing my temp files. I have a program where I can remove the temp files, but I don't know of anything that does it without my knowing. Any ideas of what kind of tool it would likely be?
lonebyrd

Return to XAMPP for Windows