Where to install New Web App

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Where to install New Web App

Postby nwenzel » 08. May 2006 02:23

I'm trying to install the BIRT project from Eclipse. The BIRT instructions say to save a folder to the webapps folder. In the past, when I had installed Tomcat on my own, there was a webapps folder. Through XAMPP, there doesn't appear to be a webapps folder. How do I get this application to run through teh XAMPP installation of the webserver?

Thanks,
Nathan
nwenzel
nwenzel

Postby Dave_L » 08. May 2006 14:48

The "webapps folder" would be the htdocs subdirectory of your XAMPP installation directory.
Dave_L

Postby capitalfellow » 08. May 2006 16:36

Is BRIT a java application that will need an application server like Tomcat to run ? If so there is a Tomcat add-on for XAMPP.
capitalfellow

Operating System: OS X

Thank you

Postby nwenzel » 09. May 2006 12:23

That's it. It is a Java application and it does work on Tomcat. I actually spent some more time on it and ran the application on a separate Tomcat installation and was still able to connect to the MySQL database as long as Apache was up and running.

I think I'll check out the Tomcat add on so that I don't have to worry about all the separate services.

capitalfellow wrote:Is BRIT a java application that will need an application server like Tomcat to run ? If so there is a Tomcat add-on for XAMPP.
nwenzel
nwenzel

Return to XAMPP for Windows