Is apache running or not ?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Postby marooned » 19. April 2006 14:06

Hi everyone,

I've just installed XAMPP version 1.5.1 on XP, and apache seems not to be running. I'm new to XAMPP, so I've probably missed something very basic.

I'm not sure whether the apache service is running or not, as the XAMPP control panel gives ambiguous information.

If I click on the button labelled "START" next to FileZilla or MySQL, it changes to "STOP", and the "ADMIN" button lights up. But if I click on the button labelled "START" next to Apache, it remains "START" and the "ADMIN" button remains dim.

In the lower half of the control panel, the log says "Apache service started".

But if I click on the "STATUS" button in the upper half of the control panel, the status information below reads Apache STATE 0, whereas for MYSQL and FileZilla, it says STATE 1. What does STATE 0 mean ?

1. My first question:

2. My second question:

If apache isn't running, then how can I find out the reason why ? is there a specific error log I can look at ?
OR
If apache is running, then why can't I get into the admin section, and why is the STATE 0 ?
Thanks for your help.
marooned

Postby Sider » 21. April 2006 14:02

1. It seems not running.

2. Start apache with some of the batch files included in xammp/apache to find errors.
Sider

Postby marooned » 21. April 2006 15:17

Thanks for the reply. Apache wasn't running 2 days ago, but now it's okay. I don't know why it wasn't running before.
marooned

Return to XAMPP for Windows