Problem with mySQL in XAMPP

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Problem with mySQL in XAMPP

Postby MikeS » 05. April 2006 17:06

Firstly apologies if this has already been addressed, but I have looked first.

Using latest version of XAMPP under XP/PRO and experiencing a strange problem that I have been unable to solve. PHP, mySQL code, and EZ-SQL v2.0 (but have the same problem with v1.26 as well).

The data column is text type, if data string has spaces between words retrieved data is truncated to last char before first space! Have tried changing the column type, changing the post to discrete data instead of variables, always with the same result.

Same thing happens with INSERT and UPDATE calls! Multi-word strings are truncated to last char before first space.....this is really doing my head in as I no idea why.

Anyone, please.....help!!
MikeS

Postby Wiedmann » 05. April 2006 17:25

You have a problem with the native MySQL functions from PHP also?

If not, you should better ask in the support forum for ezSQL.

(BTW: Have you ever tried adoDB or PEAR::DB? Both are part of the XAMPP package)
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby MikeS » 06. April 2006 09:43

Haven't tried yet but will do. However, I have moved the complete app to a live web server and there is no problem, so from this I would think it is something to do with the localhost environment, either the XAMPP configuration of MySQL or PHP or with XP/PRO.....
MikeS

Postby MikeS » 06. April 2006 11:32

After inserting lots of debug trace echo's the problem is sorted, it was the display code in the forms data display syntax, my sincere apologies!

This does point to a subtle difference in the PHP versions, between 4.n.n and 5.n.n which is likely to cause some obscure problems for many people.
MikeS

Return to XAMPP for Windows