osCOmmerce installation problem - access denied

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

osCOmmerce installation problem - access denied

Postby simonearly » 13. March 2006 10:57

I'm using WinXP pro SP2.
all I want to so is configure and osCommerce site on my PC so I can then upload the mySQL dB and other files later on, so its local development only. I dont need ANY security/passwords etc.

I have installed ocSommerce under webDAV/oscommerce and when I go to the webDAV/osCommerce/install/install.php script, the first page works, the second page works (ie asks me if i want to configure a standard store with default data/config) and when i hit "next", I get a password popup. Looks like an htaccess thing. I cant get past this, and all I was getting was "server error 500", so I changed register_globals = Off to On wherever I saw it, copied security/webdav.htpasswd to security/htpasswd.webdav (as this was apparently missing) and now I am getting a mismatch password error.
in error.log, its this:

[Mon Mar 13 10:11:56 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] user wampp: authentication failure for "/webdav/osCommerce/install/install.php": Password Mismatch, referer: http://localhost/webdav/osCommerce/install/install.php

i've tried passwords like XAMPP and the others in the htpasswd.webDAV file- wampp:XAMPP with WebDAV:bc7f2b670e7e965e307feb30492e642e

but I still cant get it to work.
MySQL and APACHE all seem to be working fine (from the control panelt thing, and checkports thing) but otherwise I am stuck.

I cnahed some bits in httpd.conf too, as per other posts on this forum, but I am stuck

Am I missing some passwords?

Like I say, ALL security and passwords can be removed, I dont need anything at all, just a development platform on my PC so I can upload PhP/MySQL projects to the main live sites.

Happy to get a 1-click solution. Performance not an issue either. Doesnt have to be optimised or fast, just needs to work!

Help!
simonearly

Postby Wiedmann » 13. March 2006 12:06

I have installed ocSommerce under webDAV/oscommerce

Why did you put your file in the webdav folder? The normal DocumentRoot in XAMPP is "\xampp\htdocs".
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

files moved to htdocs, all seems to work now!

Postby simonearly » 13. March 2006 12:23

thanks for this. Moved to that folder and it seems to be working fine now.
Why didnt I put them there before? Simple- I didnt know thats where they had to go, theres no documentation to say that (in my installation at least). perhaps I am missing some files?

thanks for your help
simonearly

Postby simonearly » 13. March 2006 14:46

bah. i hit the worng button. i hit "file" instead of "Database" when asking me about sessions etc.
now I dont know where to stick the /tmp folder i'm supposed to have.

any suggestions (no, I wont stick it there).
cheers,
S/.
simonearly

Return to XAMPP for Windows