Xampp and Apache Tomcat

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Xampp and Apache Tomcat

Postby SyntheticShield » 16. February 2006 18:24

I tried installing the addon for Xampp that has the Tomcat server. However, when I go to install I get the following message:

Sun Java 5 SDK win32 not found. Unable to find install path.

Now I can install tomcat as a standalone, but I really want the Xampp integration. I got to http://java.sun.com and am greeted with more download packages than I care to look at. I try some that look like what I need but I continue to get the above message.

What in the world is going on? Anyone have any help? Is there any possibility that the correct java development package could just be included with the addon?

Thanks in advance.
SyntheticShield

Postby takuhii » 17. February 2006 13:12

I think you need to download the lastest Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition (J2SE) package (Update 6 I believe). Go to the downloads bit and download JDK 5.0 Update 06
takuhii

Postby SyntheticShield » 17. February 2006 20:10

Well see thats just it. I already had the latest Java 2 platform installed. I can install Apache Tomcat from the site if I download it as a stand alone component. I even installed a Java based Content Management System that went off without a hitch with the current J2SE.

So, at least from my perspective, its something else. Unfortunately Xampp doesnt give you anything specific nor does it give a link or anything like that to the specific download needed.

Im not knocking Xampp at all, Ive used it now for well over a year maybe closer to two years and will continue to do so, but I was hoping to be able to install the Apache Tomcat since the Java based CMS requires that over just the apache server.

So if there is a specific files that I need to download, can you provide a link 'cause Ive tried just about every download there that made sense to me and I was still unable to install the Apache Tomcat addon. Thanks.
SyntheticShield

Java Runtime

Postby der_mit_der_uhr » 17. February 2006 21:59

Hi

To test what java run time version you have installed, you can start a DOS-Box and type java -version.

You then receive an output that should look like

java version "1.5.0_06"

greetings
der_mit_der_uhr

Return to XAMPP for Windows