Can Anyone Help With This Problem?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Can Anyone Help With This Problem?

Postby kool_zero » 06. February 2006 00:26

hey guys..i am running a chat network that has forums included...i am getting this error

Code: Select all
Warning: mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\xampp\htdocs\chat\forum\forum.php on line 37

any ideas? all help is MAJORLY appreciated!!!
kool_zero

Postby tjthedj » 06. February 2006 00:38

that usually means that it can't find the mySQL database or the content in side that database. i'd suggest you reinstall your forum unless you have unsaved data.
tjthedj

Postby KingCrunch » 06. February 2006 00:46

Wrong, it means, that a query, that you want to use, failed. It might be, that the database or table doesnt exists or has an invalid structure, but can have many reasons. The result from a query is set to FALSE, when a query failed. In this case the query issnt a valid mysql-query resource ;)

PS: Maybe its possible to use more speaking topic-titles? ;)
Nicht jeder Fehler ist ein Bug ...
KingCrunch

Postby tjthedj » 06. February 2006 00:50

KingCrunch wrote:Wrong, it means, that a query, that you want to use, failed. It might be, that the database or table doesnt exists or has an invalid structure, but can have many reasons. The result from a query is set to FALSE, when a query failed. In this case the query issnt a valid mysql-query resource ;)

PS: Maybe its possible to use more speaking topic-titles? ;)

sorry, i must of just been confused. because i had this problem once and just reinstalled it and it took care of my problem, sorry 4 givin u wrong info Kool_Zero
tjthedj

Return to XAMPP for Windows