Build a home server ?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Build a home server ?

Postby Newbievn » 21. August 2005 15:07

I installed the XAMPP for Windows ( I'm using windows XP ) on my computer. And I want to make my computer to be a server but I don't know how to do this. Anyone can help me ? :(
Newbievn

Postby alucard01 » 08. September 2005 05:05

1. find a free DNS services (no-ip, dyndns etc) and register your desired web address name.

2. configure your httpd.conf to accept outside connection.

3. start XAMPP

hope it helps.
alucard01

Postby mass » 29. September 2005 11:18

alucard01 wrote:

hope it helps.

how to do that?
mass

Postby Wiedmann » 29. September 2005 11:59

XAMPP allways accept "outside" connections.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

DNS

Postby mathewparet » 05. December 2005 07:22

Can i run myown DNS service? If yes, how? Thanks in advance.

alucard01 wrote:1. find a free DNS services (no-ip, dyndns etc) and register your desired web address name.

3. start XAMPP

hope it helps.
mathewparet

Postby deepsurfer » 05. December 2005 16:13

Yes you can DNS-Services, look at your router, that Port 80 is connected to the LAN-IP of your Server-PC

here, a little Guide, thats helps you to
http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?t=14173
chirio Deep
Wie sagte einst der MCP aus Tron auf dem Bildschirm zu schreiben Pflegte
" ... end of communication ... "
deepsurfer
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win-XP / Win7 / Linux -Debian

Re: Build a home server ?

Postby ulises » 05. December 2005 20:52

Newbievn wrote:I installed the XAMPP for Windows ( I'm using windows XP ) on my computer. And I want to make my computer to be a server but I don't know how to do this. Anyone can help me ? :(

Hello Good I explain you little over the first thing is to have DNS whether Fixed or Dynamics your IP good in relation of type of IP that have if is Fixed or dynamics one must do a configuration or or another if your case is of an IP Dynamic need to have a client or software of DNS which not-IP or or other clients of DNS which caught your IP Not the IP private of Router that assign to your Plots. Before installing Xampp I Advise you that have the client of DNS once have Installed the client of DNS verifies doing Ping your Control or Subdominio When have installed xampp leaves in httpd.conf just as this by defect localhost or 127.0.0.1 by this by if I do not go badly your client of DNS you redirección to your IP Publishes that gives you your ISP Another thing He is that have permission the Firewall of Windows or or
another Software of Firewall that have. Permission for Apache to be able to leave for the port 80-8080 Another thing to keep in mind is the router has to have a manual where explains you as to open ports and to close it where you have to have the port 80-8080 Open this two finalize notes are important the to have I throw because but edge nobody your WebSite.
ulises

Postby mathewparet » 06. December 2005 06:25

deepsurfer wrote:Yes you can DNS-Services, look at your router, that Port 80 is connected to the LAN-IP of your Server-PC

here, a little Guide, thats helps you to
http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?t=14173

Thanks but that part is done already. I want to know how to associate a www domain which I have purchased with myserver. In the above condition it works on my machine but not from the internet. What do I do?
mathewparet

Postby mathewparet » 06. December 2005 06:37

ulises wrote:
Newbievn wrote:I installed the XAMPP for Windows ( I'm using windows XP ) on my computer. And I want to make my computer to be a server but I don't know how to do this. Anyone can help me ? :(

Hello Good I explain you little over the first thing is to have DNS whether Fixed or Dynamics your IP good in relation of type of IP that have if is Fixed or dynamics one must do a configuration or or another if your case is of an IP Dynamic need to have a client or software of DNS which not-IP or or other clients of DNS which caught your IP Not the IP private of Router that assign to your Plots. Before installing Xampp I Advise you that have the client of DNS once have Installed the client of DNS verifies doing Ping your Control or Subdominio When have installed xampp leaves in httpd.conf just as this by defect localhost or 127.0.0.1 by this by if I do not go badly your client of DNS you redirección to your IP Publishes that gives you your ISP Another thing He is that have permission the Firewall of Windows or or
another Software of Firewall that have. Permission for Apache to be able to leave for the port 80-8080 Another thing to keep in mind is the router has to have a manual where explains you as to open ports and to close it where you have to have the port 80-8080 Open this two finalize notes are important the to have I throw because but edge nobody your WebSite.

I wish I could understand this. But I know only english. Would you type out the same in english or just tell me the language you have used, I'll try transilating using Google.
mathewparet

Postby ulises » 06. December 2005 12:40

mathewparet wrote:
ulises wrote:

I wish I could understand this. But I know only english. Would you type out the same in english or just tell me the language you have used, I'll try transilating using Google.

Entiendes algo de español
ulises

Postby ulises » 08. December 2005 13:11

ulises wrote:
mathewparet wrote:
ulises wrote:

Hello Good I explain small on the first thing should have DNS if Fixed or Dynamics its IP good in the relation of the type of IP that has if Is Set or dynamics one should do a configuration or another if its case is of an IP the Dynamic need to have a client or the software of DNS that not-IP or other clients of DNS that Not the IP private of Network that assigns to its Complots. Before install Xampp that I Advise Has Installed you that has al client of DNS once al client of DNS verifies doing the Metallic and Short Sound its Control or Subdominio When has installed the leaves of xampp in the httpd.conf as well as this by localhost of defect or 127.0.0.1 by this by if I do not go badly its client of DNS you redirección to his IP Publishes that him Its Internet services supplier Another thing that The is that The permission the Firebreak of Windows or another Software of Firebreak that has. The permission for Apache to be capable of leaving for the port 80-8080 Another thing to have present is the router has to have a manual where explain you to open as the ports and to close it where you have to have the port 80-8080 Open this two complete notes are important the to keep in mind because nobody will be able to enter your entry.
ulises

Postby ulises » 21. February 2006 10:35

ulises wrote:
ulises wrote:
mathewparet wrote:
ulises wrote:

Hello Good I explain small on the first thing should have DNS if Fixed or Dynamics its IP good in the relation of the type of IP that has if Is Set or dynamics one should do a configuration or another if its case is of an IP the Dynamic need to have a client or the software of DNS that not-IP or other clients of DNS that Not the IP private of Network that assigns to its Complots. Before install Xampp that I Advise Has Installed you that has al client of DNS once al client of DNS verifies doing the Metallic and Short Sound its Control or Subdominio When has installed the leaves of xampp in the httpd.conf as well as this by localhost of defect or 127.0.0.1 by this by if I do not go badly its client of DNS you redirección to his IP Publishes that him Its Internet services supplier Another thing that The is that The permission the Firebreak of Windows or another Software of Firebreak that has. The permission for Apache to be capable of leaving for the port 80-8080 Another thing to have present is the router has to have a manual where explain you to open as the ports and to close it where you have to have the port 80-8080 Open this two complete notes are important the to keep in mind because nobody will be able to enter your entry.

Well it responded your answer this well clear one what if depends is of as have configured your Operating System Windows of if utilize firewall by software or router, firewall of Windows the one that comes integrated in system what if have to have clear is that so much the port 80-8080 http open the router like in firewall of Software and thinks that if consider firewall software would have that to defuse the Firewall of Windows there is some that another firewall by software that when the same one is installed automatically defuses the firewall of Windows. You set you if your router has configuration of Dynamic DNS if has will be able to test configuring since the same DNS of the router. Or if you not a client was well of DNS as can be NOT-IP or or other. Then also you can test to look at that ports have open As easy in xampp root directory really this xampp-portcheck. exe looks to see that says you on the ports of Xampp.
ulises

Postby SeanO » 21. February 2006 17:14

Good old online translation tools. They're so reliable and correct.
SeanO

Return to XAMPP for Windows