myphpadmin can't find files in tables

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

myphpadmin can't find files in tables

Postby kupe » 25. November 2005 15:39

I've installed xampp on a new laptop and I can't get phpmyadmin to find the files in tables in the database.

My problem seems to centre around $cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = '';

When I want to look at the files in a table, phpmyadmin seems unable to find the file. It throbs away searching but never finding.

Be very grateful for advice.
kupe

Postby alucard01 » 26. November 2005 06:50

what do you mean by "cannot find files in table"? Do you mean you can successfully connect/login and see your tables, but you cannot see any rows/records ? Or you even not login to phpmyadmin?

BTW, what is your config on $cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = ''; Correct me if I am wrong, this config should set to the URL of PHPmyadmin, e.g. http://localhost/phpmyadmin.

Hope it helps.
alucard01

Postby kupe » 28. November 2005 11:02

Hi Alucardi01

The advice is that it should be left blank, but if phpmyadmin can't find the files automatically, then the path to the files should go there.

Well, I've tried everything - every possible version of the path, and of course, empty.

I installed and uninstalled several times and with different phpmyadmin versions, and I fear that some files have remained and are confusing the program. There wasn't an uninstaller present so I uninstalled without one.

Very frustrating now because I need the program. It finds the databases, but it can't produce the tables.

However, I can see the tables and files via Command Prompt, so I know they are present.

Grateful for advice ...
kupe

Postby alucard01 » 28. November 2005 18:20

Ar...I see.

Currently I have also no idea on your issue. How about using the GUI tools published by MySQL: MySQL Administrator and MySQL Querybrowser? They can also do a good job in managing your DB, and most important thing is, it's free.

I am now using these 2 programs and seldom using phpMyAdmin unless I need to see something....

Hope it helps.
alucard01

Postby kupe » 29. November 2005 12:23

Thanks, Alucardi01, I'll think about that.

Strangely, phpmyadmin did work a little last night, intermittently. I'm wondering if it mightn't be an internet explorer thing. On that new machine, when I call up a query with several hundred in the results, internet explorer acts the same way.

But if I add a Limit clause, say 50 or 100, then it works.

I like phpmyadmin and even bought Marc Delisle's book so I am a little reluctant to change. However, I've made a note of your recommendations. Cheers
kupe

Return to XAMPP for Windows