New Release of WAMPP (1.1 and 2.1)

Announcements and news about XAMPP and the Apache Friends project.

New Release of WAMPP (1.1 and 2.1)

Postby kvo » 08. April 2003 22:29

All efforts were successful. A new WAMPP package released with Apache 2.0.45 and Mercury Mailserver suitably for the mail() function. PHP comes here with PEAR inside. Now, you can create MS Excel files "on the fly". More fun!
kvo
Apache Friends

GREAT- Installed it with just a snap!

Postby chanio » 10. April 2003 06:34

:D Hello AFriends,
This is awesome. Very nice.
Last edited by chanio on 07. June 2003 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
Gallactic Firewall
chanio

About WAMPP 2.2

Postby chanio » 07. June 2003 19:03

Hi,
I made the Spanish translation of WAMPP 2.2 frontpage. The only 2 things that are out of the standard english version are: I added a Perl Environment Variable list at the time-es.pl (only to the translated page). And changed the Blatmail description at the end of the start-es.php page for a Mercury one.
:) You could fetch it visiting http://www.transroute.com.ar/ftp/
* I am having trouble to getting all work allright.
I can't detect why MySQL accepts to start the service but some minutes later it stops. And now, the frontpage loads very slowly...
I am afraid that I still don't know how to manage the Perl modules that I had installed by myself. I think that I can't just copy them at the new Perl...
Sorry, the only problem that concerns WAMPP might be that MySQL service is still having trouble to start as a Service at Win XP Pro 256Mb RAM. I'll keep hacking my machine...

Gallactic Firewall
chanio

Re: About WAMPP 2.2

Postby AlexPausB » 08. June 2003 00:30

Hola Chanio!

I think it's awesome what you're doing, translating all the things into the spain language... but I am wondering how many people are interested in "your" package on http://www.transroute.com.ar/ftp/

I know it's off topic, but I really would like to know if people in other countries are enthused in this (great) project too, like "all" the people here in germany. (maybe Oswald can provide us/me with a short summary of all those countries accessing this site ;-))

Thanks so far and Buenas noches!
AlexPausB

don't know,but target might be expanded

Postby chanio » 08. June 2003 14:56

Hi, thanks for your idea. I know 4 shure, there is not another distro like this in the Spanish comunity (a very big one considering all the people that speaks Spanish, not the webmasters :)) by now.
I am also going to promote it in this comunity.
I believe that it is a way of contributing with what I apreciate of what I am using. I am also, doing what I use to do with English text that I receive. I also help translating text with KDE, and Apache-i18N-ES.
Since it is free and good, I might be helping making it accessible in the same proportion as expensive ones are! That's enough for me.
Gallactic Firewall
chanio

Re: About WAMPP 2.2

Postby chanio » 09. June 2003 07:10

chanio wrote:
* I am having trouble to getting all work allright.
...Sorry, the only problem that concerns WAMPP might be that ...

Does anybody know something of a Win XP bug related with Apache 2-PHP and ZoneAlarm firewall?
I am not having a lot of trouble with Apache. But at some instances that worked well with the previous version, now it seems that gets stuck and consumes a lot of machine time, and finally freezes Apache!
I read something at IndigoPerl. But for me it is odd because the previous Wampp worked more than fine...
I will keep on making test but I am afraid that there is something related with a Win XP bug.
If you have changed something relevant at the distribution, would you kindly help me to overcome this problem? Do you need any extra info?

TIA
alberto
Gallactic Firewall
chanio

Return to Announcements and news