XAMPP Solaris 0.7 Apache SSL **IS** WORKING!

Problems with the Solaris version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP Solaris 0.7 Apache SSL **IS** WORKING!

Postby krelvinaz » 16. October 2005 06:21

Well... I tried every combination I can think of with no results.

If the config files are wrong, they say that they are wrong. if they are setup correctly I get the same error

[error] Init: Private key not found

doesn't matter if the certificate has a private key or not as it doesn't apparently get that far to check.

Placing debugging info in the configured .passphrase shows that it never gets that far so it is not even attempting to check the password.

There were other versions of Apache 2 for sparc that had similar problems.

So unless someone figured out some vodoo magic to make it work or has it working on a Sparc with this version... I am assuming it is broken.

Which is too bad as so far everything else I have tried works great.

Looks like to building my own from scratch again unless someone comes up with a solution.
Kevin
krelvinaz

Postby krelvinaz » 16. October 2005 21:55

Still cleaning up ... but while helping someone else on a Linux version of Xampp, he turned on the default version and SSL worked just fine.

I went back to scratch with the original file and tried it again using that key it comes with and it worked too.

I modified it to use my key and presto now it works.

I am working out why this didn't work before but it has to do with the way the VirtualHost command is done. Will post a follow up.
Kevin
krelvinaz

Postby krelvinaz » 18. October 2005 06:34

The stupidity of it all....

When I first got the Xampp package, I must have modified the ssl.conf file before creating what I thought was an original copy of it.

This meant that when I attempted to restart at ground zero, it was actually starting with a file that I had already corrupted.

The difference was a one liner....

Original had:

Code: Select all
<VirtualHost _default_:443>

Which I had already mangled to:

Code: Select all
<VirtualHost *:443>

The latter will not work for reasons that I'm not sure of still, but at this point I don't care.

I would be interested if anyone has got virtual domains that are using NamedVirtualHosts AND have multiple certificates working for those hosts.

I personally, don't have a requirement for such, but I think it would be useful.

The doc's imply that you cannot have SSL certificates for NamedVirtualHosts.
Kevin
krelvinaz

Postby Wiedmann » 18. October 2005 12:13

I would be interested if anyone has got virtual domains that are using NamedVirtualHosts AND have multiple certificates working for those hosts.

Not possible.

--> You can not use SSL with namebased VHosts. Only with IPbased VHosts.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Return to XAMPP for Solaris