IMAP C-Client 2002b

Problems with the Solaris version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

IMAP C-Client 2002b

Postby krelvinaz » 08. October 2005 09:24

The current package 0.7 for solaris says it has the IMAP C-Client 2002b included but I can't seem to find information on how to use it.

When I setup imapd I get Command stream end of file errors indicating that I am not using a matched set of imapd.

Do you have some info on how to activate the server and use it with the included C-Client 2002b ?
Kevin
krelvinaz

Postby Wiedmann » 08. October 2005 09:54

Do you have some info on how to activate the server

A IMAP server is not included in XAMPP. So you must install and setup one by yourself.

it has the IMAP C-Client 2002b included but I can't seem to find information on how to use it.

http://de.php.net/manual/en/ref.imap.php
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby krelvinaz » 08. October 2005 10:31

I have an installed Imapd server... but apparenlty it is not matching the version of c-client installed.

I assume this means I need to compile a new server using the same libraries?

My understanding is that the client is part of the build process of the server.

The current source for the server is 2004g, the client included with the package is 2002b
Kevin
krelvinaz

Postby Wiedmann » 08. October 2005 13:13

I have an installed Imapd server... but apparenlty it is not matching the version of c-client installed.

This doesn't matter. Because:

The current source for the server is 2004g, the client included with the package is 2002b

On one side you now have a IMAP server and IMAP client tools in your system. This IMAPd you can be accessed with every IMAP client.

On the other side you have PHP from XAMPP. This PHP can access, with the IMAP-extension, every IMAP server. Not only a UW IMAPd. You can access a Courier-IMAPd or Exchange also (or every pop3 server). This IMAP-extension is actually build with the IMAP c-client 2002b.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby krelvinaz » 08. October 2005 23:33

I think I've got pass this... I'm still testing but it appears that the problem was not related to this.
Kevin
krelvinaz

Postby krelvinaz » 09. October 2005 03:45

Yes... it definately working.

I installed SquirrelMail and except for a few issues due to PHP 5.05, it is working great.

1) Two scripts needed to be fixed to correct for Pass by reference Errors.
2) Another script has the same problem that I've not yet resolved (this was the listcommand plugin). I just turned it off until I fix it.
3) I have some large storage mail folders and want to show all, you need to increase the amount of memory the script can use from the default (8M is default).
Kevin
krelvinaz

Return to XAMPP for Solaris