Failing login to localhost/xampp

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Failing login to localhost/xampp

Postby elnonio » 30. August 2005 02:47

I thought I must have changed my default password for root and my main user bc I am unable to login to the page.

Fortunately, my startup script still gets the database started and my main script user can log in. That way, I can see that the password for root and the other main user are still set to what I thought they were.

So, since the mysql passwords for those users are still valid, any ideas why I can't get through?

I'm a fairly novice user, so feel free to educate me!

Antonio
elnonio

Postby Kristian Marcroft » 31. August 2005 07:38

Hi,

first of all, you should mention that your talking about MySQL/phpMyAdmin.
Second of all, you could eset your Password by either starting up MySQL without the priv. tables. or just use /opt/lampp/lampp wizard with the codeword bluesky.

this will reset all your set Password via /opt/lampp/lampp security

So long
KriS
Kristian Marcroft
AF Moderator

Postby elnonio » 31. August 2005 12:42

Hallo,

Actually I wasn't. I was talking about logging in to the Xampp pages, which in turn allow you to use the phpMyAdmin pages.

I thought, mistakenly, that the privileges for the Xampp pages would come from mysql, and that's why I brought up the mysql users and their passwords.

Running the security script jogged my memory (it tells you the default user is lampp, not root).

Thanks,

Antonio
elnonio

Return to XAMPP for Linux