HELP: APACHE AND PHPMYADMIN PROBLEMS!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

HELP: APACHE AND PHPMYADMIN PROBLEMS!

Postby brwyatt » 24. July 2005 06:10

I dont really care bout pma that much, but it was easier, so what the heck: i cant really remember the exact prob, but it had to do with accessing it, it worked okfor a bit, then stoped giving some error doing with god-knows-what. neone had this prob befor and know how to fix it?

neway, the real problem is Apache stopped working. just today (well, yday, its 12:05 here)! I click "start" in XAMPP control, but it reverts to "start" after going to "stop" for a sec. if i use the .cmd file to start apache (with added pause command), it says it cant read the log files or something! I havnt really messed with httpd.conf (i did try to add a directory block, but decided against it and the file is EXACTLY as it was!). I had just installed borland c++ builder, maybe that was it (uninstalled it!)? also my mouse wheel stoped working at the same time. any ideas?

THANX ALL!
brwyatt

Postby brwyatt » 24. July 2005 06:14

well... the apache prob was with either yahoo, msn, or skype..... closed them and apache worked....

all other probs still stand, though!
brwyatt

Postby brwyatt » 24. July 2005 06:18

pma details:

-------------------------
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Error

MySQL said:
Cannot connect: invalid settings.
--------------------------

since the server is working, i can provide this now!
brwyatt

Postby alucard01 » 24. July 2005 07:42

what is your config.inc.php settings? Seems that is the prob...

Hope it helps..
alucard01

Postby brwyatt » 24. July 2005 16:06

I've had this prob befor and fixed it..... but what causes it? I also cant remember what I did......

I open pma, and the page that comes up is that one.... maked no sence to me
brwyatt

Return to XAMPP for Windows