Cant start Apache

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Cant start Apache

Postby Relax » 03. June 2005 04:06

Hi, I'm using xampp & having troubles with starting Apache. When I start it using control panel or bat file, it starts & then shuts down immediately. But it used to work well. MySql & other services are working properly. I recently changed my ISP , I wonder if that could effect this. Running Apache as localhost on my standard alone pc though.

I'm on winXp.

Thanks in advance
Relax

Postby Wiedmann » 03. June 2005 10:19

Start Apache with the batchfile (apache_start.bat) in a command window and read the error message.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby sckoh » 05. June 2005 07:36

Open prompt window(DOS) and type the below to check the reason;
Code: Select all
D:/xampp/apache/bin>apache -t
sckoh

Re: Cant start Apache

Postby ilustrate » 11. June 2005 04:29

Relax wrote:Hi, I'm using xampp & having troubles with starting Apache. When I start it using control panel or bat file, it starts & then shuts down immediately. But it used to work well. MySql & other services are working properly. I recently changed my ISP , I wonder if that could effect this. Running Apache as localhost on my standard alone pc though.

I'm on winXp.

Thanks in advance
It took me a few days to get my xampp version working on windows. I couldn't get apache to stay on. Apache will not stay on if you happen to be running SKYPE. It seems to use up the ports. I found this on other threads and realized all I had to do was turn off Skype.
ilustrate

Postby ikebowen » 21. June 2005 15:43

Aha! That saved me a bit of trouble... Thanks!
ikebowen

Return to XAMPP for Windows