Spyware Found In XAMPP Directory

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Spyware Found In XAMPP Directory

Postby magazineforall » 10. June 2005 12:45

Hey,

I'm sorry this is my first post and it seems to be a negative one. I have just run a spyware scan with "Spyware Doctor" and it seems to have found some spyware in the XAMPP directory. I obviously am not accusing the software to contain spyware. I am just trying to figure out why so that I can post a support ticket at Spyware Doctor support.

These are the files it says are spyware: -

Infection Name Location ClientMan
D:\Program Files\XAMPP\xampp\php\pear\docs\DB_QueryTool\tests\GetAll.php
Risk: High

Infection Name: ClientMan Location: D:\Program Files\XAMPP\xampp\php\pear\tests\DB_QueryTool\tests\GetAll.php

Infection Name: ClientMan
Location:D:\Program Files\XAMPP\xampp\php\pear\tests\MDB_QueryTool\tests\GetAll.php

The Description:

ClientMan
Infection risk level: High
Infection description: ClientMan is a wide-ranging advertising parasite. The various versions released may add advertising links to web pages, open popup adverts, and redirect search engine results, address bar searches and error pages.

Any help on this issue would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks. Keep up the good work. I love your product!
magazineforall

Postby Wiedmann » 10. June 2005 13:09

This testscript "GetAll.php" have nothing to do with "ClientMan". Simply a false alarm...
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby magazineforall » 10. June 2005 13:48

Wiedmann wrote:This testscript "GetAll.php" have nothing to do with "ClientMan". Simply a false alarm...

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll get onto Spyware Doctor in a minute :D
magazineforall

Return to XAMPP for Windows