PHPMYADMIN

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

PHPMYADMIN

Postby thekingofcaseys » 02. June 2005 08:59

I have used xamp for a number of months now and love the programme its so easy to use and run, i now have a question i want to host multiple domains from my site including some friends and family now i have the virtual domain settings all set up but i would like to offer PHPMYADMIN to other people so they may create databases and such on there settings is this possible to do without the other sites seeing my databases as my databases have loads of info on them and should one of them enter and elete one of mine i would be lost n cyberspace allthough i make regular backups.

the new user should be able to create database and do anything a normal phpmyadmin user should do the only thing he/she shouldnt be able to do is see my (the host) databases,

is it ossible
thekingofcaseys

Postby Dave_L » 02. June 2005 15:36

If you edit phpMyAdmin's config.inc.php and change the authentication method to "cookie", then phpMyAdmin can be used by different users. Each user logs into phpMyAdmin using a MySQL username/password, and his privileges are determined by that MySQL user's grants. See Documentation.html for detailed instructions on using the different authentication methods.

I think you would have to set up the mysql users, databases and grants yourself. I don't know if you can give a user the privilege to create databases without also giving him the privilege to access other users' databases.
Dave_L

Postby thekingofcaseys » 02. June 2005 23:48

Thanks for that Dave_L that sounds good enough for me.
thekingofcaseys

Return to XAMPP for Windows