Multaple instances of XAMPP on 1 windows 2003 server?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Multaple instances of XAMPP on 1 windows 2003 server?

Postby lmsHosting » 03. May 2005 00:28

I have been asked to build more than 1 instance of XAMPP on a windows 2003 server to provide a 2nd. apache installation..

I have copied a working XAMPP directory to the root of another drive on the server and changed the "Listen" to a differant IP address in the http.conf file. I am only able to have 1 instance of apache working at one time.

Please let me know if I can do this with XAMPP.

Thanks,

Eric :?:
lmsHosting

Postby prathapml » 03. May 2005 01:11

You want two different DOMAINS or IPs ?
Then just one apache/xampp installation can achieve this. You need to use a vHost container in your httpd.conf (for virtual name-based or port-based access of multiple sites from the same machine).

If you need more info on how to do this, just ask! ;)
prathapml

xampp for windows

Postby lmsHosting » 03. May 2005 02:06

The requirement is for 2 or more apache installations on one machine each with their own IP. Each to be running as their own service.
Can I do this with XAMPP?

Thank you for your help,
Eric
lmsHosting

Postby prathapml » 03. May 2005 20:37

XAMPP is not in anyway involved with this thing. Its basically an Apache and windows limitation.

I already said you can have just one Apache install to do this. But if you still want to do something, then maybe you could install another windows OS in VMware and run the second Apache from inside it.
prathapml

No limitations for XAMPP for Windows

Postby lmsHosting » 03. May 2005 21:38

I was able to get the multaple instances of XAMPP to work each with their own IP and as their own set of services on one server.

I needed to enable each instance of XAMPP to work independantly on our 2003 cluster server.

I missed editing the SSL configuration file each instance.
I had only edited the apache and mysql config files.

Thank you for your gracious and informative input.

Eric :D
lmsHosting

Return to XAMPP for Windows