Memory error message on shutdown

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Memory error message on shutdown

Postby fuzzyphil » 30. April 2005 13:03

Hi Xampp is great but the newest release keeps throwing up a memory error message when I close xampp down.

Is anybody else having this problem or know how to over come it.
I took a screen grab of the error but not sure how to post the image on the forum.

It reads:
The instruction at "0x7c901010" refernced memory at "0x0000014". The memory could not be "read".

This error message only reads during the shutdown of xampp.
Non of my other applications have any memory issues and my computer never blue screens.

Phil.
fuzzyphil

Postby foxxx428 » 01. May 2005 21:28

Actually the past 3 versions have been doing that to me. It never causes any problems it just pops up that error is all.
foxxx428

Postby prathapml » 01. May 2005 22:06

Please try a bit of searching before posting.....
This has been discussed here - link
prathapml

Postby foxxx428 » 02. May 2005 03:50

Excuse me but I never complained about it. It works perfectly even though it gives that error on Apache shutdown. It doesn't give the error on Windows shutdown. Besides, it's a bug so it should probably be addressed. The makers of Xampp are awesome but they can't address bugs if they aren't aware of them. Making them aware is from help posts like these. You're right it's been discussed before but it wasn't fixed and to be honest, it really does take a long time to look through all the posts when search doesn't find what you're looking for. To his benefit, wiedmann always answers questions that have already been addressed so maybe others can learn from his lead. Sorry to be so rude. It's a help forum and it bugs me when people are so self ritious! We come here for help, not ridicule. :(
foxxx428

Postby prathapml » 02. May 2005 04:07

Excuse me, that post was not targeted at you....
It was meant for those who had DOUBLE-POSTED without even trying a search.

Come on, seriously how much time do you need to carry out a search for the term "0x0000014" and come up with topics as answers?

Also, Wiedmann DOES answer questions, but you can't expect him to answer all - I'd guess he is quite busy, so we users could try helping each other out. In fact, I always see that most topics here stay unanswered. In part, the reason for this could be that not many English-speaking moderators are present for this part of the board. And when I try to help out with pointers to the solution, PLEASE don't interpret it to be ridicule since that's NOT what I meant it to be.
prathapml

Double Post

Postby fuzzyphil » 02. May 2005 07:07

Hi foxxx428,
I think the post regarding double posting was actually aimed at me as I posted it onto both the German and English side.
The reason being that I though an English speaking user might pick up on it before the German makers and answer it - I'm new here and wasn't sure if it would get picked up at all. I did try searching but I didn't get the hoped for results as I obviously didn't try the correct search strings.
I agree that the answer from prathapml was a bit curt and frankly raher irritating and unprofessional but at least the answer was there.
Your absolutely right on another issue as well - why hasn't this issue been resolved yet if it's a known bug - and how will it ever get known by the developers if there is only ever allowed to be just one posting.
I have been using XAMPP for the past year and I tell as many people as I can about XAMPP. XAMPP is the best, much better than Inferno, but the error message issue was becoming a real irritation hence why I posted it - In fact I have never had cause to complain about XAMPP before as I have always found it to be rock solid.
fuzzyphil

Postby foxxx428 » 02. May 2005 07:19

First of all, I said Wiedmann DOES answer and second of all, these are user posted forums. Look how many times a mail server was already answered but nobody gets hostile about that! :? I'm sorry if I'm being stupid here but I think almost every question ever asked on this forum has already been covered somewhere. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

I also apologize to FuzzyPhil for this post because I know someone is going to completely BLAST me on this one.
foxxx428

Postby prathapml » 03. May 2005 01:03

almost every question ever asked on this forum has already been covered somewhere.
True.

why hasn't this issue been resolved yet if it's a known bug
There's maybe compelling reasons... no idea about this.

And I do happen to be a XAMPP fan. The reply above was only meant to solve the issue mentioned here..... The english part of the forum seems to have not many ppl looking over, to answer posts. For an example, see this topic of mine where no one posted at all. Which is why I try to help others when they post any queries.

Well then.... hope to see you ppl around here, as you are quite knowledgeable about XAMPP.... Maybe we could help more new-comers, in their first foray into this app. Cheers!
prathapml

Postby kblood » 06. May 2005 11:57

Hello there,

New around here, recently switched over to XAMPP from BigApache (also nice but outdated).

Having the same issue, solved it by disabling eAccelerator. I tried Zend Optimizer, but gives me a problem with one of the scripts I use, so now I am forced to run with no optimizer at all...

My guess is that this issue comes from eAccelerator, and we just have to be patient and wait for a new version to come out...

(The issue is with Codetrack, a lightweight issue-tracking application, supposedly not compatible with PHP5, but I got it to work with a small change... the Zend Optimizer seems to "undo" that change in one of the optimization steps... not nice, but well, I will live with it for now)
kblood

Postby foxxx428 » 17. May 2005 10:32

I left all mine as accepted. I get that error when shuttinng down apache but my forums are FAST! For anyone with a php forum running on Windows try this in httpd.conf:

Alias /Forums "D:/xampp/htdocs/Forums/"

<Directory "D:/xampp/htdocs/Forums/">
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
php_flag zlib.output_compression on
php_value zlib.output_compression_level 9
</Directory>

Replace D with C or E or whatever the drive is and after htdocs, your directory. People say that code is bs but try it and see. :)

Oh that's supposed to work in a .htaccess file too if you use that. :)
foxxx428

Return to XAMPP for Windows