xampp PHP Extension Installation

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

xampp PHP Extension Installation

Postby rikken » 18. March 2005 20:40

Hi

I want to install odbtp (odbtp.sourceforge.net) as an extension of php running xampp

the installation instructions are the following :

PHP Extension Installation (UNIX-Static)
NOTE: The ODBTP client library must be installed before installing the static version of the ODBTP PHP extension.

1. Copy the directory odbtp and all its contents from php/ext into <php source distribution directory>/ext.
2. Change to the PHP source distribution directory.
3. Run the command buildconf to rebuild the configure script.
4. Run configure --with-odbtp {other configure options].
5. Run make and then make install.

Now i don't now werhe the php directory in xampp is ???

Also how do i chance to php4

With regards
rikken

Postby cgorman56 » 28. March 2005 17:24

i'm in the same situation as you. i'm moving our existing site that uses odbtp to a new server and i am trying to get odbtp to work with xampp. have you had any luck? if so can you please post any solutions you might have.

Thanks,
Chris
cgorman56

Postby Kristian Marcroft » 28. March 2005 18:08

Hi,

the Sources of php are not included in XAMPP.
You will have to download the appropiate Source from php.net and isntall the XAMPP Development Archiv.

The configure options you need are to be seen when you call phpinfo()

So long
KriS
Kristian Marcroft
AF Moderator

Postby cgorman56 » 28. March 2005 22:42

Kristian Marcroft wrote:Hi,

the Sources of php are not included in XAMPP.
You will have to download the appropiate Source from php.net and isntall the XAMPP Development Archiv.

The configure options you need are to be seen when you call phpinfo()

So long
KriS

Thanks Kris for getting me started in the right direction. with php 5.0.3, there were some errors to get through during the configure and make process. i'll try and get around to posting which options i had to take out of my configure script for anyone else trying to do this. here is what i in my configure script at the time of getting it working (i also added libmycrypt).

from phpinfo wrote:./configure --prefix=/opt/lampp --with-apxs2=/opt/lampp/bin/apxs --with-config-file-path=/opt/lampp/etc --with-mysql=/opt/lampp --disable-debug --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --enable-ctype --enable-dbase --enable-discard-path --enable-exif --enable-filepro --enable-force-cgi-redirect --enable-ftp --enable-gd-imgstrttf --enable-gd-native-ttf --with-ttf --enable-magic-quotes --enable-memory-limit --enable-safe-mode --enable-shmop --enable-sigchild --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-track-vars --enable-trans-sid --enable-versioning --enable-wddx --enable-yp --with-ftp --with-gdbm=/opt/lampp --with-jpeg-dir=/opt/lampp --with-png-dir=/opt/lampp --with-freetype-dir=/opt/lampp --without-xpm --with-zlib=yes --with-zlib-dir=/opt/lampp --with-openssl=/opt/lampp --with-expat-dir=/opt/lampp --enable-xslt=/opt/lampp --with-xsl=/opt/lampp --with-ming=/opt/lampp --with-dom=/opt/lampp --with-ldap=/opt/lampp --with-ncurses=/opt/lampp --with-gd --with-imap-dir=/opt/lampp --with-imap-ssl --with-gettext=/opt/lampp --with-mysql-sock=/opt/lampp/var/mysql/mysql.sock --with-mcrypt=/usr/local/libmcrypt --with-mhash=/opt/lampp --enable-sockets --enable-mbstring=all --with-curl=/opt/lampp --enable-mbregex --enable-zend-multibyte --with-zip=/opt/lampp --enable-exif --with-libxml-dir=/opt/lampp --enable-soap --enable-pcntl --enable-dbx --with-mysqli=/opt/lampp/bin/mysql_config --with-odbtp-mssql

THANKS to those responsible for XAMPP!
Chris
cgorman56

Return to XAMPP for Linux