Forbidden

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Forbidden

Postby dizzymarkus » 17. February 2005 14:57

First off thanks for the forumn to hopefully get some help/answers :0)

I seem to have installed xampp successfully as the status pages states, I have also cured (for the time being) security issues which that page stated. IE user ROOT and PW Also the XAMPP local pages are now secure with DIZZYMARKUS & PW is this also my phpadmin pw?

Ok heres the problem------>
I am trying to install azdjdatinglite script, uploaded all files to htdocs, changed and saved my config.inc file to my local values, I then am instructed to run "install.php to set up the sql tables----- I get this error

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /C:/apachefriends/xampp/htdocs/AzDGDatingLite/install.php on this server

Apache/2.0.52 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.0.52 OpenSSL/0.9.7e PHP/5.0.3 Server at localhost Port 80
could someone please point me in the right direction? I have tried several times on azdj's forumn but doesnt seem active or they feel its not their problem lol.
dizzymarkus

Postby Wiedmann » 17. February 2005 15:12

You don't have permission to access /C:/apachefriends/xampp/htdocs/AzDGDatingLite/install.php on this server

What's this? This isn't a legal url. So, there is a misconfiguration in your script.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

ty for the response

Postby dizzymarkus » 17. February 2005 15:18

This is what i typed to gain access to this file, I figured i was typing the url wrong. my files are located here

C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\AzDGDatingLite

I am useing all on a local machine and believe i got lost along the way a bit,

what is the proper format for the url or what should i type to get this file?

i tried
http://localhost/C:/apachefriends/xampp ... nstall.php

Thanks again for the time and sorry for the rather newbie silly questions Im trying to learn on my own with quite a few for dummies books lol
Markus
dizzymarkus

Postby Wiedmann » 17. February 2005 15:25

Wiedmann
AF Moderator

got er

Postby dizzymarkus » 18. February 2005 01:43

goter with your help, thanks greatly I had done so many times i knew i had to ask as everything seemed the same over and over lol.

Now for some reason apachee gets an error and closes errrr not one thing its another.
Thanks greatly for your help this far

Markus
dizzymarkus

Return to XAMPP for Windows