Bugs with perl addon and XAMPP 1.4.11

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Bugs with perl addon and XAMPP 1.4.11

Postby kswartz » 31. December 2004 01:57

Hey guys,

Great job with 1.4.11! A few minor bugs with the perl add-on:

1. In most files listed in xamppperl.inc, it's replacing "\xampp\perl\bin\perl.exe" with the new path instead of trying to replace "c:\xampp\perl\bin\perl.exe". As a result, you end up with paths like "c:D:/xampp/perl/bin/perl.exe". I remember reading through the install.php at one point, and think this is an easy fix.

2. pstruct.bat and s2p.bat (still) have "C:\TEMP\perl--------------------------------please-run-the-install-script--------------------------------\bin\perl.exe" instead of the "c:\xampp\perl\bin\perl.exe" in the eval lines, so they aren't being fixed by the setup/install script.
Last edited by kswartz on 23. January 2005 20:56, edited 1 time in total.
kswartz

perl addon

Postby No-Sense » 21. January 2005 03:23

i encountered the same problem. my solutions was very simpel. just install xampp en perl addon in it for example "d:\". Then there where no problems. Hopefully they'll fix the problem.

The problem with the pstruct.bat and the s2p.bat still exist
http://www.no-sense.8s.nl
Trying to make a dutch Xampp help guide
No-Sense

Postby No-Sense » 21. January 2005 13:10

can you help how to get the perl addon working in the following directory?
"d:\weberserver\xampp"
when install xampp en the perl addon in that directory i first get an error that the perl module cannot be found en then i get the xampp splash screen and when i click on a language it says it cannot display that page.
http://www.no-sense.8s.nl
Trying to make a dutch Xampp help guide
No-Sense

Return to XAMPP for Windows