mercury32. Pop before imap

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

mercury32. Pop before imap

Postby Killerfrog » 23. December 2004 03:19

Hello everyone.

I've done my best to setup mercury32, but i'm still getting this problem : every mail receveid on my server are received on pop. The problem is that I want them to go to imap insteed (this way I could use squirremail by example). Can someone help me with this issue please?

thx
Killerfrog

Re: mercury32. Pop before imap

Postby taustin » 23. December 2004 17:53

Killerfrog wrote:Hello everyone.

I've done my best to setup mercury32, but i'm still getting this problem : every mail receveid on my server are received on pop. The problem is that I want them to go to imap insteed (this way I could use squirremail by example). Can someone help me with this issue please?

thx

I'm not quite sure what you're saying. Mail is recieved using SMTP. It is sent back out through either POP3 or IMAP. You can set up the IMAP server by going to the Configuration menu, and selecting Protocol Modules. Check the box next to MercuryI IMAPrev1 server, click OK, then close and restart Mercury. The IMAP server should now be running.
taustin

that's not the solution

Postby Killerfrog » 24. December 2004 22:58

I tried you idea and get a conflit between apache 2 and mercury cause activation the httpweb server like you were suggesting use port 80 like apache does.

thx for help

But by the way, I found solution:

The problem :
You receive mail on pop but not on imap.

The solution :
Configuration ===> protocol modules ====> uncheck "mercuryP POP3 server" and "mercuryD distribuing POP3 client"
Killerfrog

Return to XAMPP for Windows