Big Problem, not working!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Big Problem, not working!

Postby GDragon » 15. December 2004 02:13

Hi,

Few months ago I have installed some older XAMPP version, and all was OK. I have SP1 WinXP. A month ago I have installed SP2, and still all works OK (fresh install).

BUT, I have reinstalled WinXP SP2, and I tryed to start the XAMPP in service mode (Apach and MySQL services, as always). The services are installed, I can see them in Task Manager. But when I try to go to localhost page, it doesn't load at all. IE tries to load page, but actually doesn't do anything. Progress bar is not moving and no erro page no nothing.

Then I have downloaded newest version, and did fresh install. All seems to be in order, no errors while installing services, but still nothing works. Here is the picture of all working processes after installing Apache and mySQL as a services:

Please, help me to solve this.

Millan
GDragon

Postby taustin » 15. December 2004 05:33

SP2 turns on the firewall. Did you either turn it back off again, or punch holes in it for Apache and MySQL?
taustin

Postby GDragon » 15. December 2004 10:45

Hi,

No Firewall is completly disabled. I try turning off NOD32 (antivirus), but all the same. BTW, I have installed the PHPDev package (Apache, mySQL, PHP 4) and it works! No problems at all.

I don't know why XAMPP doesn't work.

Please, help needed!

Millan
GDragon

Re: Big Problem, not working!

Postby MacDaddy » 15. December 2004 11:25

GDragon wrote:Hi,

Few months ago I have installed some older XAMPP version, and all was OK. I have SP1 WinXP. A month ago I have installed SP2, and still all works OK (fresh install).

BUT, I have reinstalled WinXP SP2, and I tryed to start the XAMPP in service mode (Apach and MySQL services, as always). The services are installed, I can see them in Task Manager. But when I try to go to localhost page, it doesn't load at all. IE tries to load page, but actually doesn't do anything. Progress bar is not moving and no erro page no nothing.

Then I have downloaded newest version, and did fresh install. All seems to be in order, no errors while installing services, but still nothing works. Here is the picture of all working processes after installing Apache and mySQL as a services:

Please, help me to solve this.

Millan

if you look you have 2 Apaches running uninstall all the Apache services then reinstall that should fix the problam
MacDaddy

Postby Wiedmann » 15. December 2004 11:33

if you look you have 2 Apaches running

That's normal.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby MacDaddy » 15. December 2004 12:49

Wiedmann wrote:
if you look you have 2 Apaches running

That's normal.

thats normal is it i have never had 2 running at the same time
MacDaddy

Postby GDragon » 15. December 2004 14:51

It happens when I install it as a service. After restaring is only one, but still all the same.

Millan
GDragon

Postby Maller » 16. December 2004 18:48

one of the apache processes is a backup, incase the primary crash
Maller

Postby MacDaddy » 16. December 2004 21:28

Maller wrote:one of the apache processes is a backup, incase the primary crash

thats a load of crap ! you can only have one Apache service running at one time on the same port if you set it to port 80 and the other to port 800 its ok but if you have to Apaches running on the same port it wont work!

GDragon i realy dont know how to help it could be anything sorry
MacDaddy

Postby taustin » 16. December 2004 22:15

MacDaddy wrote:

thats a load of crap ! you can only have one Apache service running at one time on the same port if you set it to port 80 and the other to port 800 its ok but if you have to Apaches running on the same port it wont work!

I have two running on mine, and everything works fine.

You can't start the service twice, or run it twice from the console. But that's not the same thing as having two processes named Apache running at the same time.
taustin

Postby GDragon » 16. December 2004 22:57

Hi,

all the same. I have other machine on work, and it works OK, with two Apache tasks.

Millan
GDragon

Postby Maller » 17. December 2004 06:02

MacDaddy wrote:

GDragon i realy dont know how to help it could be anything sorry

Does parent process, and child process tell you anything ?
Maller

Return to XAMPP for Windows