PHP Based Image Gallery Not Visible To Myself, But To Others

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

PHP Based Image Gallery Not Visible To Myself, But To Others

Postby Musabi » 14. December 2004 17:08

A Big Hello From Canada First Of All :) XAMPP Rocks!

The problem is that my Image Gallery will not show up to me when I try to access it (http://localhost:6999/gallery/) yet other people not within my network can veiw it (my roomate on the same router as me cannot see it either). The reason that my localhost is routed to port 6999 is that my roomate took the default port, and since I didnt want to route to his webpage, I had to change it. Normal webpages I can surf, just not this PHP one..... In Firefox it says: 'Transmitting from [MyIP]' , yet when I view the source, the whole page has already downloaded.

I went into the error log to see what was going on, and found that this kept repeating it self MANY times over:
C:\apachefriends\xampp\xampp\netpbm\jpegtopnm: End-of-file encountered in the middle of JPEG image.

jpegtopnm is actually jpegtopnm.exe ...... Im totally lost.....

Its great that people on the Internet can see my gallery, but I would like to see it too! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Also, I just changed my index.html to index.php to see if any PHP worked, and yes, that page does....
Musabi

Postby Musabi » 15. December 2004 04:52

I think Ive figured out the problem. Somehow its routing it to my roomates computer, inside and outside our network..... I dont know how thats possible, but it is. I just wish I knew how to fix that.

EDIT: Seemingly only some of the people see it like this, and some of the people see my image gallery.....
Musabi

Postby Musabi » 15. December 2004 14:24

Reinstalled XAMPP and changed some settings in the router & Host files seemed to fix it :)
Musabi

Return to XAMPP for Windows