Hello from Canada, need help, big time!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Hello from Canada, need help, big time!

Postby Vermeiren » 12. November 2004 02:03

:lol: :?
I have successfully downloaded apache windows, BUT when I want to start Apache the message that follows is :'' (os-10048) address already in use; make_sock;could not bind to address o.o.o.o.4.43
no listening sockets available, shutting down. unable to open log''

Please please tell me what is wrong? I desperatly need this to work. I am not familiar with the terminology of computer. Please explain in laymen terms.
Thank you so kindly.
Vermeiren

Postby bsp1315 » 12. November 2004 17:42

Hi,
You have not told anything about your computer. Anyway, You can have a try at this.
Go to START->RUN->in the dialogue screen type in "cmd" without quote->a new console screen will appear with C:\ or whatever and cursor will be at the end->type in "cd C:\WINNT or WINDOWS\system32" without quotes. press enter.
You will see in the next line C:\WINNT or WINDOWS\system32 type in "iisreset.exe/stop". Note the change in slash direction. after few minutes a message will appear "internet services successfully stopped". Close the window. Start your XAMPP. Probably you will be on with this.

Note: The above solution is true if your system is Windows 2000 or XP with IIS server running. If not come out with the system details.
With any dumbest question others may benefit
bsp
bsp1315

Return to XAMPP for Windows