mod_python ?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

mod_python ?

Postby MacDaddy » 11. November 2004 14:39

hey all i just want to say that apachefriends saves a lot of time thabks to the devs its a good server.

question ! i have installed mod_python But i want to add it to the Apache services . so when windows starts up it will load Apache and python to the services not just Apache can this be done ? i had a look throu the apachepython_start.bat file for starting Apache with python but i dont know what to put in the Apache services properties to get it to load python as well.
MacDaddy

Postby MacDaddy » 11. November 2004 14:41

Sorry for the double post dont know why that happend
MacDaddy

Re: mod_python ?

Postby Kristian Marcroft » 11. November 2004 15:15

MacDaddy wrote:hey all i just want to say that apachefriends saves a lot of time thabks to the devs its a good server.

question ! i have installed mod_python But i want to add it to the Apache services . so when windows starts up it will load Apache and python to the services not just Apache can this be done ? i had a look throu the apachepython_start.bat file for starting Apache with python but i dont know what to put in the Apache services properties to get it to load python as well.

Hi,

I'm not sure, but isn't this explained in the ReadMe file, that comes with mod_python?

So long
KriS
Kristian Marcroft
AF Moderator

Postby MacDaddy » 11. November 2004 15:51

ahh sorry i dident see that ;)

i dont understand what it says to do can you give me more info ? please

ATTENTION: For the Apache HTTPD
as service, you need the system variable PYTHONHOME like this:
PYTHONHOME = c:\apachefriends\xampp\python

dont matter got it to work you have to add PYTHONHOME = c:\apachefriends\xampp\python to the registry
MacDaddy

Return to XAMPP for Windows