Pam_Auth Mod "make" Problem

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Pam_Auth Mod "make" Problem

Postby millertimebjm » 29. October 2004 21:52

Problem:

I am not that informed on mods in apache/php. I need to include pam_auth in the mods for PHP. I have Lampp in /opt like the installation says, but when I try to 'make' the pam_auth from source, it has big problems with locations of php files. I've gone so far as to download the source of php_5.0.2, unpack it and throw pam_auth into the main folder of php_5.0.2. That gets the 'make' of pam_auth a bit farther but is still missing files. I'm almost read to just grab every file recursively and throw it in the ./pam_auth folder.

System: Intel
Linux: Fedora Core 2
Lampp Install: /opt
Time in Linux: One Year

Purpose:

If you want to know why I'm doing this, read here. If not, skip to Problem.

I'm trying to create a web hosting server from scratch (as close as "from scratch" I can get while starting with Lampp). I am now trying to get users to be able to login using Linux Authentication. Pam is password authentication manager that decodes the passwd and shadow files for you. If anyone knows a better way for me to solve my problem, please let me know.

Thanks for your help. If you need anymore information just ask.

Brandon
Angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night.
millertimebjm

Return to XAMPP for Linux