Failed to open stream error

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Failed to open stream error

Postby insomn3ak » 21. October 2004 19:28

I've been running in circles trying to troubleshoot this problem...
I get the following error messages when I click on a link that is suppossed to take me to a detail page for one of my products. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this error message is saying that the function "show_detail" failed to find the file "detail_brick.php" located in the directory path webroot/bricks. The problem is...the file is located there and the path is correct for that file. I also checked the virtual host information in the apache httpd.conf file, and that was correct as well. I'm not familiar with this code so any help would be appreciated.

Warning: show_detail(Object-%3Efile_root/bricks/detail_brick.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\data\websites\mlsTriVally\inc\pm_classes.php on line 219

Warning: show_detail(): Failed opening 'Object-%3Efile_root/bricks/detail_brick.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\apachefriends\xampp\php\pear\') in D:\data\websites\mlsTriVally\inc\pm_classes.php on line 219

Thanks
insomn3ak

Postby Wiedmann » 21. October 2004 19:41

Hmm,

there must be an error in the code.
Warning: show_detail(): Failed opening 'Object-%3Efile_root/bricks/detail_brick.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\apachefriends\xampp\php\pear\') in D:\data\websites\mlsTriVally\inc\pm_classes.php on line 219

"Object-%3Efile_root/bricks/detail_brick.php" cannot be a correct path for a file. In special: "Object-%3Efile_root".

Try switching to PHP4.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Return to XAMPP for Windows