Mercury Configuration does not save

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Mercury Configuration does not save

Postby Spoooky » 23. September 2004 06:15

Hi,

I installed Xampp on a w2k server. I can start Mercury,butevery alteration i make to the configuration does not save,so when i restart,the settings are backtothedefaultsettings.Anyone an idea what i am doing wrong?
Spoooky

Re: Mercury Configuration does not save

Postby taustin » 24. September 2004 00:28

Spoooky wrote:Hi,

I installed Xampp on a w2k server. I can start Mercury,butevery alteration i make to the configuration does not save,so when i restart,the settings are backtothedefaultsettings.Anyone an idea what i am doing wrong?

This was mentioned in July as something that happens with the XAMPP installation of Mercury. I'd guess it's some kind of file permission issue with NT. The guy said he'd reinstalled Mercury and everything worked fine after that. (I don't know if he reinstalled it in the same directory, or in the default directly, which is c:\Mercury).
taustin

Postby Spoooky » 25. September 2004 16:03

reinstalling xampp was also not succesfull, installing w2k over again and reinstalling xampp luckily was succesfull
Spoooky

Postby taustin » 28. September 2004 20:02

Spoooky wrote:reinstalling xampp was also not succesfull, installing w2k over again and reinstalling xampp luckily was succesfull

Er, what I meant was reinstall Mercury by itself, not Xampp completely. It's available directly from the author (David Harris) at http://www.pmail.com/. You might keep an eye on it if you use the email stuff a lot, because the next update is supposed to include a full blown webmail interface (though that might be a bit problematic on a web server).
taustin

you should close Mercury after updating your setup

Postby chanio » 29. September 2004 20:30

:lol: There's a knowledge base site that says...
WARNING! Mercury/32 only saves it's settings when you close the Mercury/32 application. If Mercury/32 crashes or the PC crashes, any changes you made to Mercury/32 since you last started it will not have been saved.

That means that after updating your configuration you should close Mercury, and then start again!
That should work!
There is also an article about configuring Mercury as a service. That should close it gently when you close windows, I guess.
Gallactic Firewall
chanio

Return to XAMPP for Windows