XMAPP UltraLite?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XMAPP UltraLite?

Postby manonstreet » 12. August 2004 20:55

I dunno how many people would be interested, but I'd like to see and UltraLite version of XAMPP. One which ditched MySQL and phpMyAdmin, and added SQLite (a DB which actually supports triggers) and some kind of manager sqlitecc or sqlitemanager or something similar.

I have been looking for an installer which only has these items, but have been unable to find one. Why is everyone so hungup on MySQL. I really can't wait for Postgres 8 beta to be stable. I don't mean to start a war or anything :P
manonstreet

guess not

Postby manonstreet » 18. August 2004 16:35

Guess this doesn't appeal to anyone else....so I did it myself. I removed mysql and phpmyadmin, as well as added sqlitemanager (with a few changes so the frames work properly). I also added Zend Extension Manager, Optimizer, and Zend Debugger (just 3 DLL's).

I tried to make as few changes as possible so that I can continue to simply update my changes against the new builds which are released. If anyone is interested in an UltraLite distibution package let me know (31Mb uncompressed, as opposed to 46Mb)

Regardless of removing mysql and phpmyadmin, I do think that sqlitemanager should be added to both the standard package, as well as the lite package.
manonstreet

Return to XAMPP for Windows