Uninstalling WAMPP 0.2.5c

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Uninstalling WAMPP 0.2.5c

Postby DavidMD » 20. June 2004 07:18

Greetings, everyone!

In order to install the most current version of XAMP for Windows, I need to uninstall WAMP 0.2.5c completely. (Obviously, I have been on a hiatus from using this software suite!)

I have searched the forum, and the FAQ is in German (which I have not used since 1994, or studied since 1983).

I apologize if this question has a blatantly obvious answer, or if I have missed finding the solution on the ApacheFriends.org Web site!

Thank you very much, in advance!

Cordially,

David M. Dickerson

P.S. -- In addition, for the first time ever, I just received an error today (20 June 2004) that "The MySql service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the path specified." The error occurred at 00.46.51 after I booted up Windows XP Professional. The source of the error is the Service Control Manager. Needless to say, I will have to research this new error.

OFF-TOPIC, BUT RELATED, NOTE: I have suddenly started having problems with Windows XP Professional taking a very long time to shut down when it reaches the final, blank blue screen. This error with MySQL could be connected to the problem with Windows XP Pro. Such a shutdown problem is, of course, complicated, and I am still trying to determine why this problem has suddenly started.

Again, thank you very much, in advance, for help with uninstallation instructions!
In a world of absurdity, we must
invent reason; we must create
beauty out of nothingness.

-- Elie Wiesel
DavidMD

Re: Uninstalling WAMPP 0.2.5c

Postby DavidMD » 23. June 2004 16:42

Hello, again, everyone!

I apologize for having a conversation with myself, :wink: but I wanted to let you know that, after I updated my e-mail address in my profile, my account (for some reason) was became inactive, preventing me from logging on to the ApacheFriends.org Web site.

I want to thank Kai, here in public, for activating my account manually and for being very kind and helpful! Thanks to Kai, I am "back"! :D

I now will receive notifications to any responses to this topic, or if anyone sends me a private message.

I would be very grateful for any help.

Thank you, again, Kai -- and thank you, fellow "ApacheFriends," in advance, for any suggestions or assistance! (In the meantime, I will continue to search this Web site for an answer to my question.)

Cordially,

David
David M. Dickerson
Hermitage, Tennessee, USA
In a world of absurdity, we must
invent reason; we must create
beauty out of nothingness.

-- Elie Wiesel
DavidMD

Return to XAMPP for Windows