copying wordpress website to zip file

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

copying wordpress website to zip file

Postby adrian.treanor » 31. March 2020 08:33

When i try to make a copy of a wordpress website in htdocs it says when i copy it to zip file it says file not found or no read permission and when i try to copy it outside the htdocs it says i have no administration permissions.
adrian.treanor

XAMPP version: 7.1.7
Operating System: windows 10

Re: copying wordpress website to zip file

Postby Nobbie » 31. March 2020 11:04

Yes, of course. But thats not Xampp, thats basic Windows knowledge.

You cannot put the ZIP Folder into the "zipped folder", because then you try to backup the ZIP file recursively into the ZIP file. That leads to read error.
And for "outside" htdocs it depends, WHERE you put the ZIP file. For some locations, you need administration rights. But not for all, for example, you have all rights for your User folder.
Either start an Explorer with admin rights or put the ZIP file somewhere in your User folder.

And if unsure, ask in a Microsoft WIndows forum, as this has nothing to do with Xampp (neither Wordpress).
Nobbie

Postby adrian.treanor » 31. March 2020 12:22

i did not put a zip folder inside a zip folder. i tried to copy my wordpress website to the documents directory. it said i need administrative access. if i try to zip the folder in htdocs it says file not found or no read permission.
adrian.treanor

XAMPP version: 7.1.7
Operating System: windows 10

Postby Nobbie » 31. March 2020 14:26

adrian.treanor wrote:i did not put a zip folder inside a zip folder

And what is meant by that:

adrian.treanor wrote:if i try to zip the folder in htdocs it says file not found or no read permission.

??

Anyway, as already said, thats a plain WIndows Problem, neither Xampp, nor WordPress. We cannot support WIndows here.
Nobbie

Postby ichkeria » 11. April 2020 04:53

sorry if this not related with xampp ...but for wordpress and you trying to move the offline website to live production server, i recommend using duplicator plugins instead manual back up
ichkeria

XAMPP version: 5.6.32
Operating System: windows

Return to XAMPP for Windows